1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Perazzi selector trigger issue

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by bewmetal, May 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bewmetal

bewmetal Member

today i had a issue with my perazzi trigger if I shot the bottom barrel first I had no problem but if I shoot the top barrel first it would double. There looks like there is nothing broken but don't know what is wrong. Can some tell me what might be going on.

2. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

You need to engage the safety before you move the selector.

3. bewmetal

bewmetal Member

The trigger selector is internal

4. Texas Trap Shooter

Texas Trap Shooter Member

You need to take the trigger to a good gunsmith ( I prefer Perazzi in CA) and have the trigger adjusted. The tree is not staying engaged (or actually reengaging on the recoil of the first shot) when you shoot the top barrel first. The end result is a doubling effect.

What they do to re-time the trigger is to bend the bar slightly that engages in the tree and also the sear.

Hope this helps.

Ron -Sun City, TX

5. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

There are a couple of things that could be occurring:

Depending on the clearances, the "tree" of the selector may not be returning to battery and sliding UNDER the rear sear cut of the second hammer.

You need to know if:<BR>
    1. The tree is actually engaging UNDER the sear.<BR>
    2 If the above is occurring, then is the tree sliding off the rear of the sear?

Often someone have filed on the sear area, and this is a no-no, unless you have the equipment to do this properly. A wrong angle will see the tree slide back off from the sear, failing to release the hammer.

WW

6. Ted K.

Ted K. Member

It's a common problem after switching barrels on a Perazzi, and Lucio at Perazzi USA in LA told me the way to avoid it is to switch the safety on and off after I used the internal selector to change barrels. I would try that before doing anything else.

Ted K.

7. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

Both external & internal selectable trigger need to engage safety before changing firing order. Otherwise it'll double for sure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

perazzi selector tree