1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Perazzi Safety Lock-Out

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Battue, Jun 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Battue

Battue Member

Is there an easy way to “lock-out” the safety on an MX-8 style Perazzi, while still being able to easily remove the trigger?

I appreciate any appropriate responses.

Pat

2. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

Change the safety spring (parts #116) angle of the back side (don't break it) will make the safety lever more secure in place.

3. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Put a pin in the hole behind the safety in the upper tang. This is the easiest way, and pin comes out if you want the safety to work.

4. Battue

Battue Member

Thanks Shooting Coach -

Any idea what size pin?

Pat

5. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Give me an address and I'll drop a stainless steel one in the mail to you.

1.72mm or about 0.067" diameter.

Whiz

6. Battue

Battue Member

Thanks Whiz, that is a very gracious offer.

I pulled the stock off of the receiver last night and found that I did not have the hole in the top tang to receive the pin. At this point, I guess I will just let the lock-out issue die.

I was at Sparta this past weekend. One of the top skeet shooters in the country lost a target, apparently due to someone placing his Safety on. He had only missed one 12 gauge target out of his last 1,300, so he was very upset. He found his safety was “on” again the next day. I guess Briley has his gun now and we will see if they drill the receiver or if they have another fix.

Thanks again,

Pat

7. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

Putting a pin to it will make your safety completely out of function, if this is what you want and you can deal with it's remote consequences, then go for it.

In the past few years, I switch my guns to "safe" only a handful of times, BUT, I use the safety lever to activate the second trigger every time before I put the gun away. It's a nice feature when you need to release the hammer springs (barrel off, firing against a plastic pad against the breech face).

8. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Steve is correct - you should NEVER change barrel selectors unless the gun is in the safe mode. Undue wear on the sear tree occurs.

Whiz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.