1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Perazzi ribs

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by wlc, May 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wlc

wlc Member

How do the rib heights on the MX14, MX15, and MX2000 unsingle compare?

Thanks

2. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

I never had all of them at the same time, and never thought about to measuring each separately because they all have adj. comb to match whatever you set up (15 & 2000), but I think they are all about the same or very close if you measure form the center.

If you want to match an O/U on these, it really depend on how you set the adj. rib, there's 1/4" adjustment on each end of the rib. Except MX-14, it originally came with a matching O/U.

3. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

The MX-14 and MX-15 come close.. The MX2000.. unless it's a MX2000S is vastly different..(much higher).. Working with Dan at the GRAND last year.. many shooters fitted a MX-15 barrel to their MX14 O/U and it worked quite well.. A few were unhappy the comb needed a different spacer to be correct for them.. Hope that helps a little..

4. wlc

wlc Member

Thanks, I have a MX14 with a stock I really like. I've been wondering about using my stock on an adjustable rib gun. I'd not have a problem with having to raise the comb some. From information I've receivced, it seems that most of the adjustable rib barrels are lighter than my MX14 single which is marked 1.73.

5. Steve W

Mike, I think he is talking about the MX-2000 unsingle model, which is the basically the same rib as MX-15 but one notch less. they are about the same hight.

The MX-2000 O/U with adj. rib is a different gun. And MX-2000S never came out with a factory adj. rib.

What do you think?

Steve

6. Steve W

Here you go. Thanks.

7. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

NSXER,

Very good info there.

8. wlc

wlc Member

NSXER,

This is exactly what I was looking for, thanks. I'm going to print it and save it.

9. wlc

wlc Member

Steve,

Do you remember what the weight marked on these three barrels is?

Thanks

10. wlc

wlc Member

Again, thanks for the information.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.