1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

??? PERAZZI RIB ???

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by MDJ67, Nov 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MDJ67

MDJ67 Active Member

What does the other end look like ? The picture you have looks like MX10 4 notch. Maybe an early gun. Steve W. usally has the answers.

2. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

if it is steel likely it is a MX9. Only 5 ever made and it was the MX10 TS prototype. We have one being shot at the Minneapolis Gun Club. put a magnet on it

3. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

MDJ67 is absolutely correct, pre-'99 (or so) MX-10 rib in all models except some American Trap combo model.

Perazzi dropped MX-10 in all other configurations except American Trap around '99 or so in their standard production. This rib in picture belongs to one of those.

4. MDJ67

MDJ67 Active Member

wahoo !! Knew Steve W would come thru.

5. ps8182

ps8182 TS Member

Looks like a MX10 rib, but that's the first time I've seen the relieved area on the fixed area. The early ones I've seen were made of steel and the latch stuck out slightly on the sides. MX9's have a fixed rib, but the middle bead could be changed out because it was mounted to a removable wedge. It came with a numer of these wedges of varying height allowing one to keep the site picture they desired when raising lowering the comb, like am adjustable rib. There were a number of them floating around in the mid 90's and a few owned here in NE Ohio. Drew Waller used to shoot one quite often.

6. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

You are right about the MX-9, I had one before my digital camera days.

Since I have no problem seeing 1/4"~1/2" space between the two standard beads, I have no use for this feature, and tired about explaining what is a MX-9, so I traded it.

7. Avaldes

Avaldes Well-Known Member

Wasn't the TM-10 the prototype model with the steel rib? But it should say TM-10 on the receiver. Gray's had one at the Ca state shoot this year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.