Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Perazzi rib repair

3K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  wolfee 
#1 ·
I've just learned that the rib (not the side ribs; the sighting rib on top) on my MX2000 barrels is beginning to come undone. Who has the best price on rib repair for just such a thing?

Also, I'd like to get the forend iron reblued. Any ideas on price for this, too, would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Chase

P.S. My top lever just broke (already repaired) and the top lever itself was $300. At least now I don't need to reblue the top lever!

#2 ·
The gun is was bought used from a friend, so it is hard to say how many shells it has shot in total. I have already had the side ribs redone because they came loose. As I mentioned, I have just this weekend had the top lever replaced because it failed. If I had to guess the total amount of rounds, I would imagine somewhere in the amount of 75K, but like I say, that's just a guess.

I like Giacomo and that's probably where I will send this gun again. I just wondered if anyone knew what the pricing would be like. Briley wants $650 if I am reading their site correctly. That just seems to be too much.

And also, I think the barrels have had their forcing cones worked on (34 inch) and I am beginning to wonder (but do not know) who did the barrel work. I am thinking the two things are correlated, but to what degree, if any, I am unsure.

Best,
Chase

#4 ·
The answers are as follows:

It is $65 to get the forend iron reblued. That includes the safety catch.

My barrels are going to be repaired free of charge since they are under warranty from the work Giacomo did to them a year previous.

Briley did the barrel forcing cones and the gun was not backbored.

So there you go.

Best,
Chase

#5 ·
Actually, I'm not sure what I mean. I can't get the iron out and I'm not about to force it. You take out the two screws and it seems like it should angle up and out. But it is in there and so I am going to let the good people at Giacomo figure it out. It's the lever that you pull to release and attach the forend to the barrels. It needs to be reblued as it has lost its blue and I don't want rust on the gun, anywhere.

Are we talking about the same part? I'd rather have it reblued than as to replace it, as I just learned my lesson with the top lever and how much that bloody thing cost to replace.

Best,
Chase

#7 ·
Ah. I just took it apart. Thank you!

Apparently, 34 inch barrels have been having a hard time. They are going to use a solder they have (which is laid at 490 degrees) and we will try this.

We'll see.

Also, the gun was purchased new in 2004, shot until mid 2006 and sold to me early 2007.

Best, Chase

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.