1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Perazzi rib adjustment

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Clay McCracken, May 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clay McCracken

Clay McCracken TS Member

My son had a MX-15 that had "finger" groove extensions on eiher side of the little adjustment pawls so you didn't need a tool to adjust the rib.

Are those pawls available as a retro-fit?

Mike T.

2. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Clay, I'm sure Giacomo would have them, I have them on my '15', but, why change them??

and shoot'er, Perazzi's generally have a very looooong distance between front and back beads......

Jim

3. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

older MX-15 barrels had the middle bead well behind the rib pivot point. on newer barrels the middle bead is closer to the center of the rib.

4. Clay McCracken

Clay McCracken TS Member

JD...it's waaaay back from the pivot. I like it that way.

I don't have a picture of the finger groove pawls, but they stick out from the rib and are checkered so you gan get a hold of them and slide them forward/backward and adjust the rib without using the tool...which when/if it slips puts a nice gouge on the rib...i've seen that area scratched on lots of Perazzis.

BigM, I want them for a Moneymaker adjustable ribbed 391 that I shoot a few rounds of trap. then wander down to the skeet fields and try a few rounds there. I always adjust the gun to shoot as flat as it will go for skeet. The pawls are the same on my sons Perazzi...I have both guns here, the MX-15 and the 391 have the same parts for rib adjustment.

Mike T

---+---

5. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

hmmm.... vacant cnc mill just sitting there...hmmm....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
how to adj rib on perazzi
how to adjust rib on perazzi mx 15

how to change pivot from perazzi

perazzi rib adjusting tool
perazzi rib adjustment tool