1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Perazzi release/pull trigger ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by SBennett, Apr 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SBennett

SBennett TS Member

I just recently aquired my first Perazzi. It is an older TMX but in pretty good condition. It came with a release trigger and I thought I was ready for it. I only have one hand (right)and once I activate the release trigger I can't unload if needed (faulty birds,faulty trap, games, etc.) what I feel in a safe manner. My scores have really suffered but I love the gun.
    My question to you folks is threefold: Did my gun come with a release from the factory (lock,stock, and barrel #'s match)?
    Is it worth having the trigger changed?
    Is it better to try and buy a new trigger set in a pull configuration and will it fit my receiver?
    Thank you for your help, Shane

2. N. J. BOB

N. J. BOB Active Member

I am surer you can get a pull trigger for a TMX. Talk to a perazzi dealer near you.

3. trapshooterjoe7

trapshooterjoe7 Member

Just remove the hook and it will be a Pull trigger.

4. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

Removing the hook is easy enough but you may need to have a gunsmith tune the sear on the trigger to make it work properly.

5. SBennett

SBennett TS Member

I have studied the trigger and have a follow-up question. I don't want to simply cut off the hook, I would like to save that piece for the future if needed. To remove it can I punch out the pin and take out the hook and associated springs? If that is the case, should I re-install the pin or leave it out? I am a pretty good mechanic and understand and respect tolerances but I have never been a gunsmith. I can see the sear through the inspection hole. I could then put a trigger scale on it and see it it trips at appx. 3.5 lbs. and call it good?
    Thanks, Shane

6. miketmx

You can punch out the pin and remove the hook and re-install the pin and leave that tiny spring under the pin. If the trigger does not go off at the weight you want it would be best to have a gunsmith tune it.

7. jbshep

jbshep Member

Send the trigger to Giacomo Sporting. Danny will convert it back and save the hook for you. Cost will be minimL, but he is busy so be patient. Perazzi never made release triggers.

8. SBennett

SBennett TS Member

Thanks guys, I got it done last night. WAY easier than I thought. I guess I was just nervous to mess with it. I will either get a little longer spring that goes under the pin or fabricate a bushing and re-install the pin/new bushing to keep the slack out of the trigger. I didn't have a trigger scale but I used a snap cap and it felt good. Trigger/sear engagent was very crisp and looked/felt great.
    Thanks again!

9. miketmx

Perazzi used to make parts for a TM1 release trigger but had someone else assemble them. The physical trigger on a Pull trigger does not have that extra leg on the sear. I had my original TMX trigger assembly converted to a Release with Perazzi parts and I saved the original physical trigger to convert back to a Pull trigger.

10. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Depending on who made the release, most TM1/TMX releases were made by machining the trigger blade into half width. Then, a secondary piece was added to make the release part function. If your does actually have a hook, then, yes, you can remove it.

I shot a TM1 in the mid 70's and Perazzi had a release hook available, but I've never shot a release, so I didn't get one. I did see one, and as mentioned in threads above, you pulled a pin, removed the hook, and you were back to pull.

These release triggers do not have a "hook" per se. The actual sear engagement was shifted to the "new" piece, normally on the right side of the trigger blade.

You cannot return these styles of release triggers back to standard pull, without replacing the trigger blade. I just finished one, wherein I had to order a brand new gold trigger blade to replace the machined-out piece.

I have it for sale for $500 and can add a photo of it here... if I can find it. I leave now and see if I can find it...found it.

[​IMG]</p

If it wasn't so late, I'd take a photo of how the release trigger blade was machined and the added gunsmith piece.

Whiz

11. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Nice value James.

12. Joe Woods

Joe Woods Well-Known Member

Years ago Mac MacDaniels , Detroit, Mich. & area used to do work on TM 1

Joe Woods/Ontario

13. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

I met McDaniles at the Grand one year.

He seemed like a nice guy, and I was only looking as I have never shot or wanted a release. He did some good work that I saw.

Whiz

14. JACK

Do I have one of those? No, not in a TM trigger but in a MX trigger. But I do have a McDaniels TM clone for a Perazzi that used to be made for Perazzi I can post a picture of.

15. Kolarpole

Kolarpole Member

Vern......Not sure about McDaniels; but Guy Daniel from that area did a release for me years ago. Do we have the correct Daniel or McDaniels? Guy was a excellent craftsman in Palmyra area........

16. miketmx

I have 2 Release triggers for the TMX. One is the coil spring trigger made from actual Perazzi release parts listed on their parts diagram that came with the TMX. The other is a leaf spring trigger also made with real Perazzi parts and is stamped B. McDANIEL (no s) on the side. The hook and sear release parts are very similar.

17. miketmx

Vern, mine has the identical engraved name but it is the leaf spring trigger and the hammer is a little different. My coil spring trigger looks like the picture and it was assembled in Edmonton by Edmonton Custom Guns gunsmith Rod ??

18. miketmx

Last night I found the original Perazzi parts list and diagram that came with my 1982 TMX. There is an insert for Release Trigger parts diagram on the top left corner of the TM1-TMX diagram. The hook (sear release) is part# 5180, hammer # 5162 RT, release trigger with extra leg # 5156 RT, and left sear # 160/U. I thought that another older thread stated that B. McDaniel was endorsed by the Perazzi factory to assemble the Release triggers. My TMX trigger was converted to release with factory Perazzi parts in 1990 so I have to believe that these parts were available to gunsmiths in North America.

19. JACK

hey Mike. Scan and post those TMX diagram and parts list would you? Thanks. Jack

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
hammer for bowen release trigger for perazzi tmx
perazzi release triggers
perazzi trap tm1 removal of trigger assembly
perazzi trigger release under configuration
pull release trigger
release triggers for trap guns

used perazzi triggers

who makes best release triggers for perazzi