1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

@@ Perazzi Refinish Eye Candy @@

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dennis DeVault, Apr 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dennis DeVault

Dennis DeVault Well-Known Member

The following was a project that we did over the winter months. It is an MX-8 Perazzi that the owner had 28 gauge barrels fited to the 12 gauge frame. It started by us doing the wood refinish and Cindy doing the checkering but as we were about to finish the gun it had to be sent for engraving, choke tube work, bluing and new parts in the receiver. We handeled the entire project and it is a real beauty. The engraving was done by Paula Biesen from Spokane Washington. Paula does some very beautiful work and I hope the owner of this fine shotgun will like what he sees. Thank you for taking a look.

Dennis DeVault

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Loc doc and bbl

Excellent work. Need I say... Birds of a feather...

3. Mr. Flinch

Mr. Flinch Member

I don't see how the owner could possibly not like it. How is the engraved area protected? Sealer, Plating?

4. 2oneight

2oneight Member

You're right, I do love it, and haven't even seen it in person yet! Really strange to find out that the project is finished by receiving e-mails and calls from friends who saw it first on TS. LOL!

To answer the question on the engraved area, it is finished in French Grey. I am not sure of the chemistry, but believe it is similar to bluing in that there is a chemical dip of some kind that imparts the finish and protects the metal.

Also want to say that working with Paula Biesen-Malicki was a terrific experience, and I wouldn't hesitate to do another project with her. Abby and Scout are no longer with us, but I will remember them whenever I take this gun out. Needless to say, Dennis, Cindy, Mike and crew did an outstanding job on the wood and in co-ordinating the project. This gun, BTW, is another one of those "parts guns," cobbled together from components,

Regards and a Happy Holiday to all,
    Doc

5. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

French Grey is no finish- just acid etched so be careful

Nice engraving

Regards from Iowa

Gene

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.