1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

perazzi recoil pad

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by lightning20ga, Sep 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lightning20ga

lightning20ga Member

i have a mx8 need 2 take off that hard factory recoil pad no srews 2 b seen?how do u? its ahalf inch pad 1 hole 4 stock removel

2. washandwear

washandwear Member

Hi

Typically these pads are glued on. Take a hair dryer and warm the pad where it meets the stock. Then take 10lb test monofilament fishing line or equivalent and work like a saw between the pad and stock.

Regards

W&W

3. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

I think WW may have the ticket. I'll try that next time. I use my stock tool to begin a circular levering motion in the pad hole and do that for about 2 or 3 minutes changing the orientation of pressure about every 10 seconds. then I find the spot that seems has the most free movement, and put pressure on that spot till it pops off. most 'smiths care not to take the time and too, want to sell you a new pad. That's OK with me cause the P pads are too hard.

4. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

Heat up the pad, not the stock, then start from toe side, pull the edge of the pad away from wood, use a thin blade knife to slide it off, reheat pad if neccessary.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
factory recoil pad for a perazzi

genuine perazzi recoil pad for a mx8

perazzi recoil pads
perazzi recoil pads for sale