1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Perazzi recoil pad removal

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by les morgan, Dec 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. les morgan

les morgan TS Member

What is the best way to remove the factory glued on recoil pad so it can be replaced with something else.

2. smokeshow

smokeshow Member

I took an exacto-knife and removed the rubber portion of the pad, just leaving the plastic spacer between the old pad and the stock. There should be plastic missing in the middle where a narrow chisel can fit into. Once it is in, just pry the plastic loose, as it is just glued on to the stock. Sand all remaining glue off and your ready for something else! Hope this helps!

Lance

3. washandwear

washandwear Member

Hi

Hair Dryer and nylon fishing line. Heat the recoil pad where it joins the stock and work the nylon fish line like a saw along the joint. My experience has been that it will separate quite easily.

4. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

I do what MX-8B does, but I also use an X-Acto knife with a new blade to CAREFULLY score a line all around the stock where the pad meets the wood. I do this to keep from pulling a chip of finish off the stock.

Once I get the pad starting to separate from the wook, I use an eyedropper and drip in lacquer thinner to help loosen up the contact cement they use to glue them onto the wood. The glue is similar to Elmer's Contact.

You can then use lacquer thinner to clean off the stock and pad when separated.

Whiz

5. les morgan

les morgan TS Member

Thanks everyone for the help. There is no substitute for experience. Les

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

how to take the recoil pad off a perazzi mx 8

perazzi recoil pad removal