1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Perazzi Question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Chango2, Mar 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

A friend of mine and I were just "bench racing" at the range yesterday. He claims that Perazzi dropped production of the TM-1 because it was such a good gun that it stole sales from the P-Gun Combos. Popular demand brought back, finally, the P-Gun SBT. However, there TM-9 and TM-9X are in short supply. I am curious if this is the actual story (heard second hand by my friend) and "if" other shooters hold the P-Gun SBT trapguns in such high esteem. The story is that the TM-1 had the best feel and balance for the most shooters.

Along with this question, just for fun, what is your "favorite" P-gun for American trap given that you could have any standard grade Perazzi?

2. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

New models sell "NEW" guns. Case closed.

3. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

In the early 90's there were a few single barrel trap guns competing with the TM-1 like the Remington 90T and the Browning BT-99 plus. I would imagine these guns hurt TM-1 sales back then.

4. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Advent of the popularity of the combo guns hurt more than anything. IMHO.

5. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

In the '80s, the worsening economy started to cut into shotgun market, TM sales declined to hundred then less than a hundred per year, while their first econo model MX-3 were selling reasonably well (with the option of single & combo), Perazzi decided to discontinue the true single TM, and focus on O/U receivers. It's logical because production costs of the receivers were close.

The TM was a very good gun, it's getting more and more popular these days not only because they handle so well, they are also the least expensive Perazzi you can possibly find.

As for the TM9, I don't see the market at the price they're selling. The cost of TM9 makes MX-15 a bargain.

6. Avaldes

Avaldes Well-Known Member

Never shot a TM-1 but I did not care for the TMX that I did. Maybe it was just that particular gun but it felt a little too light and the stock didn't agree with me. I like my RS-2000 a LOT. It seems very substantial in my hands and it swings beautifully for me. I also liked the topsingle MX-10, similar but different feeling. Oh yeah, and the 2005. I guess I just like the RS style stocks the best.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.