1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

perazzi question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by headhunter, Nov 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. headhunter

headhunter Well-Known Member

I know most of you are trapshooters here,.. but was wondering what model Perazzi is best for skeet? Not the fancy ones but the real work horse. What model do the Olympic skeet shooters use. I'm trying to make sense of the different models available, and the pros and cons of each.
    Thanks.

2. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

MX8 and Mirage were the best once upon a time, don't know about the newer lines.

3. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

Check with Pacific Sporting Arms, they specialize in Perazzi Skeet combo with a carrier barrel fitted with 3 sub gauge tubes. Great services.

4. SMITH47

SMITH47 Member

the skeet combo has a regular barrel (not carrier) with sub gauge tubes.
    also includes a heavy barrel to match the weight of the regular barrel with tubes.
    Pacific Sporting (John Herkowitz) does provide good service.

ernie

5. riflegunbuilder

riflegunbuilder Member

I shoot a MX2000 Skeet with the light and heavy barrel mentioned above. 30"gun. In the last few weeks I purchased a late type MT6 with 29.5 barrels that weigh the same as my lite skeet barrels. It will be going to Briley in the next few weeks for tubes fo a back up gun. Walton

6. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

I have a MX8 Special.. Giacomo built for me with a Heavyweight 30" Skeet barrel.. Does all I want it to do..

7. headhunter

headhunter Well-Known Member

thanks guys

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.