1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

****Perazzi question****

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by trpshtr2001, Jul 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trpshtr2001

trpshtr2001 TS Member

Does the TM1 take its own hammer spring, or will one work out of an MX gun?
    Do all TM1 have leaf springs? Can a gun that has leaf springs be converted to coil springs? Are the firing pins different in a TM1 than an MX gun ? What parts would a person need to carry? As you can see , i'm not a Perazzi guy, but I am going to become a Perazzi owner pretty soon.
    Thanks,

2. 7771

7771 Active Member

Well leaf springs will have to be replace more offen than coil springs but the leaf spring gives the perazzi
    a nice smooth pulling trigger so i would keep a leaf spring in it..
    Tom

3. trpshtr2001

trpshtr2001 TS Member

Thanks Tom, thats good to know.

4. BL350

BL350 TS Member

Dear 2001,
    Very early TM-1's had a leaf spring trigger. OK.... But the parts for the early TM-1's are getting very hard to get, especially the ejector. Later TM-1's use a coil spring for the hammer. Either trigger will work with slight fitting in most TM-1's. The firing pin is unique to the TM-1's and you should get a new OEM "Perazzi Pin" for maximum expected life. An OEM pin will have a lazer etched "Perazzi" name in the proper font on it! A spare trigger assembly is nice to have especially if you are going to be an active competitor. Above all keep the gun clean and oiled every day!!(internal parts)and it will last a very long time!! Have the ejector springs trimmed down, if someone hasn't already done this. Should only throw the empties about 4 to 5 feet. Otherwise the ejector will break off. Very expensive part and can only be fitted by a skilled gunsmith.
    Respectfully submitted,
    Jet Boat Bill(TM-1 Special Owner since 1989!)

5. trpshtr2001

trpshtr2001 TS Member

Very helpful information. Thats the kind of information I was looking for.Now my question is where to get the springs and firing pins.
    Thanks Bill

6. Marplot

Marplot TS Member

Recommend Whiz White click on his email address above and below my name. He has a LOT of Perazzi parts.

Thanks also for the info on trimming the ejector spring on a TM1 from Jet Boat Bill. I'll check my TM1 and see how far it throws an empty.

7. perazzitms

perazzitms TS Member

Get 4 or 5 firing pins. Perazzi uses a 2 piece design. A hardened pin is crimped inside a softer jacket to keep wear inside the FP hold to a minimum. Problem is, crimps is soft metal don't last forever. I had a TM-1 that started to dimple primers. After taking the FP out, it looked OK so I put it back in and cleaned and checked the trigger (coil spring). The next week, the same thing. Back to the bench, take the FP out again, clean FP hole inside receiver with gunk blaster. Re-assemble, more dimples. Take the FP out for a third time and replace it - period. No more dimples. After monkeying around with the old FP, I notice that I can twist the center pin around in the jacket. I can also slide it back and forth inside the jacket. Ah, now I see. FP looked fine, wasn't broken in half or anything, but still junk.

Leaf spring triggers are a little faster than coil springs (there's less travel in the spring), but coils are more reliable. I've seen guys that shot a few hundred targets with broken TM1 coil springs. The guide rod kept the halves together and it still provided enough power to hit the primer.

Ejectors are massive - don't break often at all. Don't know about availability now, but with Perazzi re-introducing the TM, I don't think parts will be too much of a problem. Forend release buttons (and the rods they're attached to) were the holy grail of TM gun parts. Break one of these and you were likely to be out the season looking for another.

Great guns - relatively cheap - don't skimp and buy up some parts to have on hand. But like I said, Perazzi is reintroducing the TM as the TM-9. Don't know about parts commonality between the two though.

8. 7771

7771 Active Member

Gaicomo will re-build your whole perazzi the web sight name is Gaicomosportingusa.com They do really good work!
    Tom

9. jsteenson

jsteenson Member

MX8 left leaf will work,I've been told.Jack

10. joehunter

joehunter Member

Call Giacomo's for any service or factory Perazzi parts that you need.

Joey

11. 7771

7771 Active Member

There is a Perazzi spring kit on trapshooters.com i believe Jim Flynn has them.....
    Tom

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.