1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Perazzi question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by cubancigar2000, May 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I am looking at a TM1 that looks pretty darn nice but when open it seems loose. It closes really tight and snaps like a new one. Does it need something or is it normal for it to be loose after it opens

2. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

While it's open, does the barrel "waggle" sideways when you shake it side to side? I wouldn't worry too much though. It's a Pgun and can be tightened economically. If it is loose, buy it for about $300. less and have it tightened.

3. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

JHust a heads up... Perazzi has a "wear" key at the point where the bbl lug is inserted into the forend iron. It is replaceable, weldable, file-able, adn every time you add a thousandth or two in metal the gun gets tighter. Whell bearing grease is the quick fix. The other quick fix is to send it to Doug Braker and he will weld it, file it and your gun will be snug as a bug in a rug. But lube the lug wiht wheel bearing grease and it will rremove about half of the seeming sloppy-ness. Always grease the lug. This guy.

[​IMG]

I know this is a BT, but they have the same problem, only magnified about 10 times.

4. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Actually, the BEST way to tighten this up is to install a new Catch Bolt #322.

Doug Braker and I talked for quite a while about these last week, and I got my Italian connection to make the 322's with and without the groove.

A new catch bolt does the same thing and increasing the metal on the barrel lug, but this is more of a controlled fitting.

Whiz White

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.