1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Perazzi question

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by ricks1, Nov 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ricks1

ricks1 TS Member

I see that many of you have these Perazzi guns. From all a read on here about repair parts and who does work on them . I would NOT want one for personal defence. I wouldnt trust one on the trap field. I will put my field model 12 against any one of them at least it will last longer. rick

2. thewolf

thewolf TS Member

Ahhh, ffishing. Did you check out the Olympic trap results. Most of the medals, hell most of the shooters used Perrazzi. Not one model 12. As for a defense gun, kinda hard to conceal an MT-6. They are not perfect but they probably edge out your gun.

3. phirel

phirel TS Member

rick- I like M-12 shotguns. I have shot several and I current own a few. They have repair problems too. I know of no gun that will shoot 5,000 to 25,000 rounds each year that eventually won't have something break. When M-12's were common on the trap line, most shooters carried an extra firing pin with them. Now, most Perazzi shooters carry a spare trigger spring with them.

Pat Ireland

4. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

If you are going to use your model 12 for personal defense, it would would be more useful w/ an 18" barrel. Get the hacksaw out and get busy.

5. The Kissable Wanker

The Kissable Wanker TS Member

ricks1, an amateurish attempt at trolling! You need to use better bait and technique. Waiting for your next attempt, eventually you will get it right. Maybe you should take lessons from some of those who are at the professional level of trolling.

6. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

*sniff*, *sniff*, *phtew*

Stinky bait!!

7. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

That is tasty looking bait. but I just ate some pizza for lunch. Pass.

8. atashooter

atashooter Member

Let me sell you my Perazzi,... MX15. Darn good deal at 4500.00

BUT WAIT !!, you call now and get a Gen-U-whine Ginsu knife, it chops, slices and will be guaranteed for at least 20 stitches at the Emergency room...

AND THAT'S NOT ALL... don't delay and you will recieve a FREE added bonus of a Slim Whitman Eight track tape. It might not play, but you can impress your friends....

9. ricks1

ricks1 TS Member

OKK BUT you still have a gun that dont work. A5 mod 12 870 and I use mine You turds have them to show off . There is not one that will do any better than the shooter . and yes I knew where this was going. Buy a hummmer to drive the kids to school, BS let them walk. I did. Hey keep buying parts As for mod 12 2-3 drops oil will last a life time. "ricky"

10. Danny56

Danny56 TS Member

Just one lifetime?

11. Jerry944t

Jerry944t Well-Known Member

Man this guy is a rank amateur. Really fellow, I'm sure your next attempt will be a wee bit better.

12. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

Man, I keep coming back to this thread right after I've eaten something....

13. Dove Commander

Dove Commander TS Member

I hate Mod 12's. Took me 2 years to get over the flinch I contracted from mine.

14. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

ricks1, I will bet you don't even own a mod.12 your the kind of guy that shoots topper shotguns. Lay off the booze and crack, save some money and buy a mod.12 Don't forget the 3 drops of oil every day.

15. oldsoul

oldsoul TS Member

Fish On!

16. Duck Head

Duck Head TS Member

Pat, This time I don't agree with you. I have a 32 yr old Ljutic and the first year I had it I shot over 30k through it.25k the next year,20k the next and dropping. I'm down to under 2k now but over the years I replaced a broken firing pin and the little rivit thing that holds in the cocking rod. These are the only 2 parts that BROKE. I made my own firing pin and NEVER broke it since 1990! I gave 2 friends one and they are still working,one has my first one I made in 1990! The other one is a year younger than mine. I have an old 1975 MX-8 and had more problems with that thing than if I had a Yugo! Broken mainsprings (4),(Ljutic coils don't break but they get soft)Cracked forend,broken forend iron screws,top lever return spring,the trigger itself actually broke and Giacomo had to replace it. My maintenance costs for the MX-8 are way more than the maintenance costs of my Ljutic.I had Denny go over my trigger once at Vandalia for $35.00. I have replaced one mainspring and one opening button spring since then. All these parts are way less than what I have spent on my MX-8 plus my spare parts kit and I have shot IT only about 10 thousand times.It shoots great but I don't trust it. If someone would like to adopt it, I'll ship it for a fee.It's a combo, 32-34 pull trigger with a internal selecter installed by Giacomo.Single is x-full, O/U is full+x-full in a Warwick case. With spare parts(you'll need them. Maybe I got a lemon,but I never saw a Ljutic spare part kit!

17. ricks1

ricks1 TS Member

There are 6 posts for parts for that piece of junk .ZERO for win model 12 I rest my case. rick

18. Jerry944t

Jerry944t Well-Known Member

LMAO! Well Rick, you seem to not have a grasp of the obvious. Walk the trap line at a decent sized shoot and count the Model 12's being used. After you get to none or one then count the number of Perazzi's. Even you will notice a slight discrepancy.

Point being there is no need for parts for guns that aren't being used on a regular basis.

So your case is far from rested.

No offense for those that love 12's, they are fine guns, just not particularly popular in competition.

I'm glad you're not using treble hooks and I appreciate barb-less. I removed it with no trouble.

19. phirel

phirel TS Member

Duck Head - You must look at Ljutic repairs from a different perspective. As I remember, my old Ljutic had 7 parts that moved and only 5 of these could possibly break. I did break a firing pin once. That means 20% of the Ljutic parts in my gun broke. My K-80 must have 100 parts that can break and I have broken about 10 of them. Only about 10% of my K-80 parts have broken (so far).

It is possible to make 10 less than 1.

Pat Ireland

20. shark1

shark1 Member

Dear Ricks1,
    I respect any bodys opinion. As a perazzi owner I must admit I have changed many hammer springs, (fine). The question I have for you is have you won a state, zone, Grand National chapionship with this wonderful Model 12, If so congratulations and case closed. My point is that a model 12 was a great gun of the day and still holds great value (collectors), but there are guns with many modern features from the factory which gives your shooting a slight edge. Please list your major wins with this gun.
    Thanks,
    Mike Sharkey, DC

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.