1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Perazzi Question

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by ks-trap-shooter, Apr 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ks-trap-shooter

ks-trap-shooter TS Member

I was looking at a perazzi the other day. It was a Ithaca import MX8 with a silver finished receiver. I know absolutley nothing about perazzi's (some would say much more), but if someone could give me a little info on dates made, can parts interchange with others, are these good guns, and what is a good price for one.
    Thanks Ryan

2. riflegunbuilder

riflegunbuilder Member

I am not a Perazzi expert. I can tell you that I took the plunge a year ago and bought a new MX2000( for all purposes the same gun you are asking about, just some engraving). I love mine!!!! I am sure some Perazzi nay-sayer will be along to jump up and down about trigger springs before long, I'll just buy them by the six pack if that is what it takes. Best money I ever spent to help my Sporting Clays game!

3. Baber

Baber TS Member

KS Trap Shooter...

Its hard to tell exactly what you have. Its either a type 2 or 3 gun. If its a type 3 gun (top lever release plunger is at the top of the receiver) there is no real parts problem and older type 2 gun (with relase plunger on the left side of the gun) there are some minor parts problems. In either case Giacomo or Lucio at Perazzi USA can fax almost anything. What is the serial number?

TB

4. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

I would also like to add that Ithaca did import some cat. 4 guns like my mx-8

5. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

The older guns had more hand work than the new. A more precise fit resulted. Don't believe me? Ask Giacomo or Luccio. Jake

6. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

That is certainly true, but as a result, repairs take longer and are more expensive because there is no direct parts interchangeability.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.