1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Perazzi question....

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by rad 53, May 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rad 53

rad 53 Member

Hi to you all from down under. Does anyone have a Perazzi MX1B with 750mm barrels? Just wondering what these barrels weigh.Looking for a very light set of barrels and thought a set of these without the side ribs might just be what I'm looking for. Look forward to your replies,regards, Donald Robb.

2. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

My Perazzi catalog shows the MX1B as a live bird gun with 700 mm barrels without the side ribs. My MX3 has 750 mm barrels with the round monobloc and without side ribs. My barrel set shows 1.580 kg and swings fast.

3. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

I had a MX-1B years ago, 29.5" no side ribs, barrel weight was around 1.52 or 1.54 kg.

I still have couple 29.5" pigeon guns with no side ribs, they all weight around 1.54 or 1.55 kg.

4. rad 53

rad 53 Member

So has anyone seen 29 1/2" barrels of any sort with a weight less than 1.5Kg.? I have a set of 28 3/8" barrels at 1.410Kg. so it is possible I believe.I would love to find a set below 1.5Kg.What are your thoughts on this? Thanks,Donald.

5. semperfi909

semperfi909 Well-Known Member

The 29.5" bbls on my MT6 (T4) weigh 1.490kg. I don't know if that is w/ or w/out the factory choke tubes in place. There are a couple Mirage bbls here, one with factory choke in bottom and one both fixed W/side ribs - 1.56 and 1.57 kg respectively.

I mean, you're only talking about a couple oz spread over 30" worth of bbl. You might want to just get a lighter forend.

Charlie

6. rad 53

rad 53 Member

Thanks for your input guys, much appreciated.I would really like to build an MX8 that weighs the same as my 7lb 13oz SO4 Beretta. I shoot this 29 1/2", 1.460kg barreled gun well and love the light weight of it. I have a problem with the 'tennis elbow' thing that has left me with very weak arms and pain that comes and goes, hence my fondness for a lighter gun.So you can see every ounce off those barrels is a step closer to this end. It would seem that I may have a hard time finding a really light set of barrels that would make this MX8 project possible.I will keep looking.Meantime, I still have a lovely Beretta to shoot with.Thanks again to you all, regards, Donald.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.