1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Perazzi question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by esoxhunter, Apr 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

I purchased a very nice MT-6 several months ago. I really like the gun and am adjusting to it extremely well. A fellow shooter advised me that when closing the action; I should hold the action lever, close it and then release the lever. I have shot a Beretta for years and have always closed the action without touching the lever. Is the Perazzi different? I noted the pin that secures the action is on the very top of the receiver on the MT-6 whereas on the Beretta this pin is on the side of the inside face of the receiver. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks. Ed

2. clayman51

clayman51 Member

This just helps reduce the wear on the locking block and top lever.On the older TM 1`s you may have a hard time finding a top lever if you break it off.

Dennis

3. Guy

Guy Member

I don't know about reducing wear....but I do know that if the locking block is not solidly engaged, the gun will get loose faster......and, the earlier guns had a toplever shaft that is smaller in diameter than later guns....that's why you'll see long time Perazzi shooters hold the lever.....broken toplevers happened more often then. New style guns can be closed without holding the lever.

Just be sure to tweak the lever after closing to make sure it's tightly closed.

4. semperfi909

semperfi909 Well-Known Member

Luchio Sosta says hold the lever back. Good enough for me.

5. Rastoff

Rastoff Active Member

I called Perazzi. They said to just let the gun close. No need to hold the lever.

6. vdt

vdt Active Member

right on,P.S. a little oil helps to

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.