1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Perazzi Question: Two Serial #'s

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by pullbangloss, Jun 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pullbangloss

pullbangloss Active Member

Perazzi Question: Two Serial #

I've got a MX-10 combo and the O/U barrels have two serial numbers on them. On going vertical and one horizontal. The font of the stamps is the same and looks like it's from the factory.

Just curious as to why there would be two.

Thanks in advance,
    Matt Ski

2. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

If one of the ser. # match your receiver, it's an add on barrel. Original factory combo will have consecutive numbers on the two barrels, one match and one following your receiver number.

Let me show you a picture, see if you think these are factory numbers, they are not.

stevew_2008_030327.jpg

3. pullbangloss

Steve,

Nice pics and thank you.

They are not factory barrels. Long story short this gun was originally a combo, then the owner sold the O/U's, then someone bought the single and another set of O/U's thus making it back into a combo. Then I purchased the gun back in 2004 from Jaqua's.

The serial # font look's similar to your fist pic. Referencing your first pic, the second serial number on my O/U runs down starting at the last X in your pic.

Thanks for your help,
    Matt Ski

4. pullbangloss

5. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

Steve W, you are indeed Mr. Perazzi in my book. "Is there anything," I wonder, "that this guy doesn't know, and not have picture of besides?"

Neil

6. pullbangloss

Steve,

Again thanks for the pictures. The gun is headed to the Ohio State Shoot this week. A buddy of mine is taking it down for me. Giacomo will be performing a rebuild. I told my buddy to ask Giacomo about it but just thought someone might now what the two serial numbers mean.

Thanks again.

Matt Ski

7. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

One set of number is the original ser. # of the barrel based on Italian gov. regulation, the second set of number is the add-on # when it was fitted to another receiver. If non of the two matches your receiver, this barrel was on another gun before.

8. pullbangloss

Thanks for the info Steve. As I stated earlier, neither of the two serial #'s are even close to my serial number.

Thanks again.

Matt Ski

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.