1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Perazzi question--newer factory adjustable stocks

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by mette56, Mar 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mette56

mette56 Well-Known Member

Rhetorical question but comment if you will:

Why in the world would Perazzi use a different piece of wood for the comb than the stock? Aussie Dan commented today on his new gun from the factory where/why he did not have them cut the stock for adj. comb. Poor reasoning by Perazzi, what ever their excuse is. Big time money for a amatuer business decision...IMO. Not all are that way but most seem to be...

milt

2. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Because they probably make the combs in batches

Regards from Iowa

Gene

3. mette56

Might be Gene...but the net result would fit better with a Mossberg...IMO.

milt

4. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

Perazzi adjustable comb were made in a separate processing section, by CNC machines like stocks in quantity. It's very difficult to use the same piece of wood from the stock. Then hand pick it to match the stock as close as possible.

After market adjustable comb were cut from your existing stock.

If you don't mind cutting the wood then reattach it with metal posts showing gaps of separation of the wood, I don't think it'll make too much differences in looks. LOL

5. SCO/C

SCO/C Active Member

Steve: There're people putting fancy wood pieces on PFS. Did you ever ask them what's the point? Haha.

6. mette56

So Steve, tell me if I'm wrong. Perazzi put a cheap fix on an expensive, high quality gun? Right?

In my manufacturing companies...the guy that made that type decision would be fired way before the process was instigated. So where was Danielle during all this below par stuff? (again, rhetorical question). The "close as possible match" thing's net result would be considered as a joke...by some, if not most quality minded people, IMO. Again, see Aussie Dan's thread. It's not a matter of function...but a matter of qualitry and pride.

milt

7. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

My opinion............if buying a Perazzi trap gun such as MX2000RS, MX10RS, MX10, etc. - the stock is going to be plain jane anyway so will the comb. If buying an SC3 or SCO sporting clays gun - get fitted by Perazzi, and you will not need an adjustable comb. Most sporting and Fitasc shooters do not want an adjustable comb on the gun because the hardware adds weight. I thought trapshooters were picky about their guns until I started hanging around some hardcore sporting clays shooters.

8. mette56

Matt...good answer. But not all you mentioned are "plain Jane"... Fact is that, for the most part...they are far from matching. Again, Quality gun...poor esthitic decisions by Perazzi. So what's most important...quantity or quality? Esthetics or function? I don't need esthetics for shooting but do if I'm paying a premium price for a premium gun. Like buying a Mercedes with a low class paint job. Then why do some shooters buy $2500 wood. Matter of quality and pride on part of mfgr.!

IMO.

milt

9. dls guide

dls guide Member

Milt, if you don't like them, don't buy. I actually like the look, and they are very practical. What do you shoot? a Browning. Perazzi's are built to shoot, not to look at. If that is your thing then build a custom stock.

10. mette56

dls,

This is not a complaint but a rhetorical question that I can't figure. I've owned many Perazzis...some custom, some not. Trying to put a combo set together but question why Perazzi would do such a thing on a high quality gun...no one else does that. So doesn't that say something? No...looks are not the most important thing to me...but as a manufacturer of top quality products to industry, I'm not happy with what I see Perazzi has done. Couldn't have been that much more $ to cut the original stock high enough to cut comb from original piece of wood. Everyone else does! I've built many custom stocks in the past 40 years of competitive trap shooting. As I said before dls, it's a matter of quality...not function. So you like the look of unmatched wood? See Aussie Dan's thread.

milt

11. SMITH47

SMITH47 Member

Maybe need a new category "Unhappy Related"

12. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

I agree with Uncle Miltie. For the price that Perazzi charges they should do a better job of trying to match the combs with the buttstocks. They do a poor job of it ..... and I'm a P-man.

13. Peter Sinclare

Peter Sinclare Active Member

Why not let the market decide what is acceptable or not. Let the buyers make their choices.

There are many shooters won't buy Perazzi, but Perazzi still manage to remain in business after 60 years of using fence wood.

milt obvious has a serious problem with Perazzi stocks, like I consider NASCAR is stupid. But I simply choose not to watch instead of trying to argue and convince everybody it's stupid.

14. SCO/C

SCO/C Active Member

milt: based on your opinion, expensive shotgun like Perazzi should be up to your standard down to the comb wood they use, do you think they should hire Wilkinson or Allor to do their barrels? And maybe Precision Gold for their triggers? After all, barrels and triggers are more important than wood grains, am I correct?

IMO, adjustable combs are hideous, almost as bad as putting PFS on an expensive gun, matching grains will hardly help it's look. If that's all you care about, the look.

15. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Nascar?

16. ramorton

ramorton TS Supporters TS Supporters

Milt, you are correct. Also, they normally fit no one.

17. Aussie Dan

Aussie Dan Member

My 2 cents- Perazzi certainly do this for the ease of manufacture.

For a shooting perspective their combs work well and the hardware is excellent. The ability to adjust the rib is pointless unless you have comb adjustment so I was always going to make it adjustable one way or another.

But I personally believe once you have paid the several upgrade costs to get to SC3 wood, they should include cutting the comb out of the same stock in the costs, exen if they have to change their manufacture process to do it.

I set out to create a gun that not only fits me and looks fantastic, but has all of the working practical features. I knew that I would have to get additional work done if I was to achieve this goal to the best of my ability, and will do what is necessary to fulfill my goal.

Thanks for taking such an interest in my pride and joy!

18. Baber

Baber TS Member

Aussie Dan

Suggest you have two holes 1/2 in in DIAZ. Drilled parrell to the bolt hole. They shoul be each be 4 inches long. This will counter the weight of the hardware and bring the gun back into balance. Had this done when I did my SCO and it worked great.

Tom

19. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

Premium sporting equipment, premium price.....the comb, poor manufacturing decision just to save a few bucks. I would have expected better from a world class sporting arms manufacturer.

They could take a lesson from Kolar, Kreighoff and even Browning.

BTW...

NASCAR...Non Atheletic Sports Career As Redneck.

20. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

Quote: "NASCAR...Non Athletic Sports Career As Redneck."

So, Peter is not the only one who think like this. :)

BTW, Aussie Dan, your new gun is beautiful.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
how to get a perazzi stock from factory

perazzi factory custom stocks

perzzi ergonomic stock