1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Perazzi problem

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by kiwiG, Jun 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kiwiG

kiwiG Member

Hi Guys, Shooting this week the top lever on my Mirage stopped staying 'open' for a while. The gun still functioned perfectly, but action open or closed the toplever stayed at 6 o'clock. Part way through the round the problem fixed itself, but I was just wondering if this is a symptom of a larger problem...any help appreciated. Cheers-Graham.

2. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

A few areas that you may want to look at first, both involve removing the top lever.

1-Remove the top lever trip plunger from the head of the top lever. Many times water gets in there and rusts up, causing the plunger to hang-up in the hole. The plunger IS spring loaded, so be careful when removing the top lever.

2-While the top lever is out of the gun, take a look at the hole where the top lever trip pin is located. Sometimes this hole gets "washed out" on the right side. This allows the trip plunger to slip back into the top lever. Th hole will need repairing.

3-Look at the trip plunger. Sometimes the plungers will have a flat end and an end with a ragius on it. Be sure that the flat end goes into the top lever.

Doug Braker

3. Augie Daddi

Augie Daddi TS Member

If your top lever is at 6 oclock or moving beyond, you're probably ready to have the locking block replaced. A gunsmith will fit a new larger block and when fitted will sit at 5 oclock. Removing and then reinstalling a top lever is tricky. The spring the prior poster refers to will also be replaced by your gunsmith.

Augie

4. kiwiG

kiwiG Member

Thanks for your help guys. As the gun still worked fine while the problem was occurring I guess I'll soldier on, but if the situation arises again...gunsmith time. I would love to have a look myself, but to be honest I pretty well f##k anything I touch, and I know how gunsmiths LUUUUURV to fix guns already tinkered with by amateurs. You guys are sooo lucky, there is only 1 gunsmith in New Zealand I would trust to do the work, and repairs and shipping are very expensive. Thanks again-Graham.

5. kiwiG

kiwiG Member

Thanks P-nut, I have a PFS on my gun, and (coincidentally) had tweaked the grip a little tighter before shooting...something to consider should the problem arise again. Cheers-Graham.

6. phirel

phirel TS Member

Doug Braker gave some very good advice but Doug, I have found a little variation of your suggestion. As the top lever is removed and the little pin and spring fly across the room never to be seen again, they were working correctly.

Pat Ireland

7. Ken X

Ken X TS Member

Same thing happend to me, gunsmith said I let to much lube get into the innards, which collects dust etc. over time, causing buildup. Good internal disassemble and cleaning and good as new!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.