1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Perazzi Pricing

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by WoodsonEnt, Apr 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

With anything these days - prices are increasing. If you compare the same options in a Perazzi versus a Krieghoff (standard vs. standard), it seems that Perazzi is higher. It used to be the other way around. What has changed?

2. white rattler

white rattler Member

The price! Trevor Dawe.

3. thunder

thunder Active Member

Perazzi decided 7 or 8 years ago that they didn't need the American trap market if it wasn't extremely profitable. That came from a reliable source at the grand. At 2001 Grand the mx2000 unsingle was being sold at 4800.00.

4. Perazzi_MX8

Perazzi_MX8 Well-Known Member

I think it's a little strange how their pricing is not published by the dealers. You have to call them for pricing and it depends who you are as to the price. They are free to charge what they want but I've heard many people paid full retail and others get a deal. I wish Walmart sold them so the pricing was upfront and fair.

5. Avaldes

Avaldes Well-Known Member

MX8,

The reason for the variable pricing is because the dealers are only allowed to publish MSRP. If those same dealers are sitting on inventory that is a couple years old, then they will be more likely to make a deal to move that inventory. Not everyone is adept at the art of the deal. Timing is everything.

Sometimes you get what you pay for! The newest, highest quality sporting guns are not cheap, new or used. We all have to admit that it takes a different kind of person to buy a shotgun that costs at least $5000 and goes up to $20k. "Normal" people would think we are all nuts!

-Aaron

6. JH

JH Well-Known Member

Come now, keep it real....some European manufacturers see Americans as unsophisticated SCHMUCKS that can be gouged.....substandard wood is sent to America at exorbitant prices....on average, similar guns in Europe carry better wood....when we stop buying their OVERPRICED GUNS they may become more reasonable with prices and give us better average wood....

7. Aussie Dan

Aussie Dan Member

Sorry Thunder, but I disagree.

Fact is 50% of all guns Perazzi make go to the USA,
    The other 50% is divided to the entire rest of the world.

So I would think Perazzi care dearly about the American market.

We all get slugged, not just you guys in the states. Perazzi standard wood is rubbish.

For your info- a stock MX8 o/u costs $10,380 US, and a stock MX10 o/u costs $11,450 US here in Australia.

8. mx2k33

mx2k33 Well-Known Member

Bangalore, only Americans and the British care for figured wood. The Italians don't care much for it. "Better" wood usually trades away strength. Standard grade Perazzi wood is boring but very strong. You pay extra for figure. If you want better paint, leather seats, and nice wheels for your new Chevy, like any schmuck, you'll pay more.

9. rwtii

rwtii Member

Perazzi factory wood may not look like much, but it will last forever. I have purchased stocks for Perazzi shotguns from $150 to over $5k. Used custom stocks for many high end guns are so much kindling when you try to sell them. Beauty is in they eye of the beholder. You often get just what you pay for and will accept. The configuration of the gun has a lot to do with the price. Fixed chokes or factory? Fixed rib or adjustable? Selectable trigger or fixed bottom first? Adjustable comb or fixed? You can change the price by several thousand dollars with the options, and this is before we talk about engraving that goes from $3000 to the price of a house.

10. thunder

thunder Active Member

Aussie Dan I didn't say the entire American gun market. I stated the Trapshooting market in America. Big difference, I know what I heard at the Grand, was from very reliable source. Why it came up was because of their big increase in price that year.

11. Nutso

Nutso Member

"We all have to admit that it takes a different kind of person to buy a shotgun that costs at least $5000 and goes up to $20k. "Normal" people would think we are all nuts!"

My friends think this, then I point out the Harley the own which costs as much or more, and my friends in Wisconsin can only ride it part of the year, same with fishing boats....and those two items depreicated quickly. So I ask who is nuts....not Nutso.

12. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I had listed a MX-2000/8 combo for sale, had one guy tell me what a deal it was yet he didn't step up and buy it ... I still have it for sale, if they ever get my back straightened out I'm going back to shooting my TMX ... I don't shoot doubles so I don't need a combo ... Perazzi prices are all over the place just like any of the better grade guns are ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

13. JH

JH Well-Known Member

Hmmm.....given what they want for their guns....and, given that figured wood is ALWAYS more expensive in any brand of gun...THEY SHOULD LOWER THE PRICE.....

mx2k33,

If you have nice figured wood in yours and you rather have STRONG PLAIN wood, I can trade you....heck, I can make you a glued, Birch laminate stock that will be UNBREAKABLE....send me your highly figured yet fragile SC3 wood....DEAL?

You can rationalize all you want why you overpaid for a gun with FENCE POST wood......but, only gullible types overpay for CRAPPY WOOD.....

14. SCO/C

SCO/C Active Member

JFYR, American Trap models represent approx. 50% of Perazzi USA's total sell.

15. mx2k33

mx2k33 Well-Known Member

Bangalore, so Ferarri should lower their ridiculous prices because their stereos aren't quite as good as some of the ghetto gliders tooling around town?

16. SMITH47

SMITH47 Member

Perazzi makes guns not trees !

17. Pre-64

Pre-64 Banned User Banned

quote Perazzi_MX8, "I wish Walmart sold them so the pricing was upfront and fair."
    I'm sure things have changed at wal-mart (the most sued company ever) in their pricing structure. In the '90's Target & Kmart threatened to sue for deceptive pricng/ advertising.
    Remember the display as you walked into their store comparing other store's ADs and prices with walmarts? ex: 1 lb bag of M&Ms at Target for $1.99 - Walmarts for $1.98? hummm, save a penny you thought - but when you looked at the fine print Wal-marts was a 14 oz'er. Target filed the suit on a Friday and over the weekend walmart pulled all comparitive pricing nationwide.
    They have a history of forcing suppliers to cut quality or go over seas to out shoot their competitors e.g., Rubbermaid, Vlassic, Fruit of the Loom, Levi, etc...

18. dead on 4

dead on 4 Well-Known Member

Perazzi's are designed and built to be target breaking machines and they break targets like no other gun on the world stage as proven by the number of champions shooting them. Champions look for performance first and every thing else is secondary, but if you want to look pretty, Perazzi for a price will happy accommodate you with world class engraving and highly figured wood.
    Perazzi's have always been the high priced spread and always will be, as they should.

If it don't go, chrome it........................

Surfer

19. mx2k33

mx2k33 Well-Known Member

Surfer....you mean gullible schmuck champions right?

20. dead on 4

dead on 4 Well-Known Member

Yes all those gold, silver and bronze medal winners along with good percentage of ATA, Pita, NSSA and NSCA winners, they all drank the Kool Aid, fools aren't they....

Surfer

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
how reliable are perazzi shotguns
perazzi entry level
perazzi mx8 ata 100th combo msrp when new
perazzi mx9 prices

perazzi shotgun prices