1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Perazzi Pricing

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by sernv99, Jan 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

"....they don't seem to have much room to negotiate in their pricing."

All authorized dealers are abiding by (or are suppose to be abiding by) a "new" rule put forth by Perazzi last year, on how much they are allowed to discount new gun inventory....hence why you running into the issue with little negotiating room on price from dealers.

2. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

Buy used, save a small fortune.

3. trim tab

trim tab Active Member

Nice looking guns Rich!

4. wlc

wlc Member

Call Cove Creek Outfitters, they used to willing to talk prices. Larry's trading Post was too. They had the best prices a year ago. Don't know if that has changed lately. I do know that when I was looking last year, the person who used to advertise he had the best prices didn't.

5. rbmtrap

rbmtrap Member

Rich, how about the specs on the ones you've shown...

thanks!

6. Avaldes

Avaldes Well-Known Member

Hi-Grade Shooters in Penn and Ray Stafford had the best prices when I bought my gun back in 2006. It was a new 2000RS combo.

7. Ray Collins

Ray Collins Active Member

I talked to Ray Stafford two weeks ago about purchasing a new MX2000RS and his price was $15,900; I showed him Cove Creek's at $15,500 and he said Lucio was protecting the stocking dealers and pressed him to hold his price. He offered to dropped it to $15,400 but I found one at Dawson for $14,650. Further, I inquired about a dealership through an FFL who was told by Lucio that new dealers were not wanted because business had been very slow for the last year. I guess this Perazzi business plan explains Italy's sovreign financial status??!!!

Doc

8. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Is the dollar really that weak compared to the lira? Heck, one of those costs almost as much as that new Italian import, the Fiat 500.

9. Avaldes

That's a bummer about pricing today. When I got my gun, there was a substantial difference between MSRP and the actual selling price. There was also a substantial price difference between those two vendors I mentioned and others. One would think that supply and demand would dictate a price reduction during hard economic times.

As they said above, you can get a much better deal price wise by purchasing used guns. Like cars though, there is something special about getting a brand new Perazzi still in the oil paper:)

10. Avaldes

PS- Cash is king, especially at a big shoot. You might find a better deal at a "Grand" if you are walking around with $10k in your pocket.

11. SMOKEIT

SMOKEIT Well-Known Member

I think from a legal standpoint Perazzi cannot dictate what dealers charge for their product. I think Browning tried this many years ago and got into a lot of trouble...They were refusing to ship product to dealers that discounted the listed price.....SMOKIT

12. SMITH47

SMITH47 Member

I would like to know who has the best SERVICE ?

13. Sportshot

Sportshot Active Member

The Ranch in Las Vegas.

14. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

To answer the question about Best service: for a custom ordered gun.... Giacomo, IMO. If you put in an order with custom specs and Perazzi doesn't deliver, Dan will bend over backwards to fix it, based on my personal experience. For example:

I had ordered a MX20 from Dan last Spring. When it arrived this past Fall, the requested bore diameter and lengthened forcing cones was not built to what was on the order sheet. Dan said this was unacceptable and he footed the bill to have my barrels sent to Briley to have the bore bored out to the correct diameter and the forcing cones lengthened. No charge to me. And since he has the factory roll stamps from Perazzi themselves, he will restamp the bores to the correct diameter.

for pricing: Perazzi did another price increase on new gun orders this year....I would try to find a dealer with old inventory since, correct me if I'm wrong, they can sell their old inventory guns at the older prices without causing rancor with Perazzi HQ.

15. Sportshot

Sportshot Active Member

Perazzi doesn't offer custom barrel bores and lenghtened forcing cones. You botched your order and Dan prolly had to throw a bucket of water on you to put the fire out. So, Dan lost his profit margin to save his reputation. If he hadn't, you would be on here flaming Perazzi instead of bragging that you got $1000 worth of Briley barrel work done at Dan's expense.

And about the "restamp" --- that is fraud. It is not factory, it is an aftermarket job with all the nice barrel chrome and tapered forcing cone chewed out down to raw steel. You should have had Briley stamp it.

You can get an 18.4 standard or an 18.7cm overbore 12ga.... that is it. I'm sure the same goes for a 20.

Whoever took the order should have told you, or you should have known from your research. But it was an office secretary who wrote down what you told her and mailed it off without questioning.

16. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

Sportshot: you don't know much about anything.

"You can get an 18.4 standard or an 18.7cm overbore 12ga.... that is it. I'm sure the same goes for a 20."

DELETED

Perazzi offers a 20 gauge bore of .630 and a 28 gauge bore of .555 if you want it. Dan told me himself, after calling the factory and he took the order himself for my 20 gauge. Case closed. You can also specify extended forcing cones but since I ordered 3" chambers they didn't lengthen them further than the standard factory cone length like what we were expecting.

"And about the "restamp" --- that is fraud."

If it was fraud, Perazzi wouldn't had given him the factory roll stamps to begin with. How many years have you been a Perazzi gunsmith and in Perazzi sales?

Better look on the receiver of your guns, maybe you got the Chinese knockoff "Perahtzee" rather than the real deal, since you already displayed what little knowledge you have on the available options out there for Perazzi.

17. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

"Perazzi is not hurting and DO make the best guns on the planet...buy a wide margin"

1. Perazzi may not be hurting now but several years back they had 3 price increases in 90 days. (to keep up with inflation was the excuse)

2. "Perazzi makes the best guns on the planet" that's highly debateable.

3. "buy a wide margin" incorrect use of word.

4. from another poster "who has the best service?" KOLAR period. Perazzi could sure take a lesson from them. Dan at Giacomo Sporting is 1st place for Perazzi service. Nice guys, friendly, reasonable and have used them many times for my wifes gun but Kolar service is still number one overall hands down.

18. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Perazzi can no longer compete on a price-point basis with the other high end target shotguns. Their prices are now as high, or probably higher than an equally equipped kolar or krieghoff. Some people will argue they are the same quality as a kolar or krieghoff, but few will argue they are higher. I place they on the same quality plane as a Blaser, and slightly above a DT10.

19. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

I am waiting to get a Perrazi combo, new in the case, free, when a Ferrari edition comes out and the Perrazi will be part of the total package with some kind of modern Ferrari GT car, front engine, rear 7 speed dual clutch paddle shifted trans, room for four, fitted luggage with matching guncase. I want this new Perrazi to have a prancing horse in gold on the receiver on one side and a naked vision of Diana on the other side. The bottom of the receiver will be a banknote style of engraving honoring an American, Mr. Phil Hill. Ferrari car to be in red, of course...

...now where does one buy the lottery tickets?

20. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

Rick: just enjoying life :)

here are a couple of dealers selling 18.8 and 18.6 factory Perazzi bored guns/barrels. Maybe they are Chinese knockoffs since Sportshot states Perazzi only makes 12 gauge bores in 18.4mm and 18.7mm.

http://www.eurochasse.com/

http://www.pacificsportingarms.com/perazzi-stocks.htm?supplier=1&type=new

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
does cove creek negociate prices on guns
perazzi best bore diameter

perazzi showroom