1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

perazzi precision gold trigger

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by dennis p, Sep 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dennis p

dennis p Member

Has anyone had any trouble with spring breakage with bottom first release triggers ? The trigger is in a mx-2005 . I'm talking 6 plus broken springs in the last year, showed them the gun and there trigger at grand which only got me a couple free springs. Also had a bottom hammer break a few months back which they replaced at no charge. Are these triggers worth the trouble? Thanks Dennis P

2. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Based on the number, I guess not. Tell us more. Like do they crack or just get weak. How many bullets per spring and is ther any correlation between the number of cockiings to the breakage? Using the new spring system or the old?

3. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Wow! I just broke one. Think about 40000 rounds. Somethings obviously not right with yours!

4. dennis p

dennis p Member

Can't say how many times each spring has been cocked but I was told no-one was having this problem by precision. I've had only the new style springs in a new a year ago trigger. And they flat out break at the pin hole. Thanks Dennis P

5. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

I have an old McDaniels leaf spring trigger for the TMX and I broke several springs at what I thought was too soon for breakage. I sent the last broken spring to Whiz White and he said the pieces showed evidence of over/cocking because of scratch marks on the inside. I swapped out the cocking foot with one from a coil spring trigger and have not broken another leaf spring since that time. The replacement cocking foot was just slightly shorter.

6. straightshooter1

straightshooter1 Well-Known Member TS Supporters

So, if I understand you correctly, you have the new style springs.

Ray Stafford changed my Precisions over to the new style at the Dixie in 2010 and I had one spring break at about 40k+ later in the spring of 2011 just before the Southern. The new spring and the ones in my other Precision still are going strong.

I'd call Precision or just send the trigger back. In my experience they are very good folks to deal with and will figure out what is wrong and make it right.

Bob

7. dennis p

dennis p Member

Thanks for the input guys. Someone a while back mentioned over cocking but I could not see how that was possible since the forend iron stops in the receiver notch to prevent over cocking, maybe this does have merit. Thanks Dennis P

8. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

You can inspect for overcocking by removing the stock and watch carefully how far the springs compress when you open the gun to cock the hammers. On an unrelated thread Bob Schultz mentioned the normal amount of over/cocking you should expect to engage the sear in the hammer notch but beyond that amount the spring prongs are actually touching each other. In my case it was the cocking foot in the trigger assembly being too long but maybe the cocking bar inside the receiver being too long could cause this. Whiz White will have more insight to this than I have.

9. dennis p

dennis p Member

I think all of your input has been helpfull. I'll look at the over cocking once again. Thanks Dennis P

10. Texshooter

Texshooter Member

I broke a spring in my release/pull Precision trigger after 2 or 3 years. AJ

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
golden precission triggers
perazzi precision gold triggers
percision perazzi triggers

precision gold triggers

precision triggers perazzi