1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Perazzi POI rib adjustment

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Drake20, Sep 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drake20

Drake20 Member

How much should your POI change by raising our lowering your rib One notch.

2. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

.2mm per notch as I remember...assuming you also raise the comb.

About 4"

3. Guy

Guy Member

I don't mean to sound like a jerk here.....but that is something you need to figure out for yourself. You need to KNOW what an adjustment means, not what somebody tells you it means. They don't know how you take a target, fast, slow, top or bottom. Get your self some pattern paper and some shells, and have at it.

4. Drake20

Drake20 Member

Understood, just curious what Perazzi says. I've already patterned it and it seemed to make a drastic change. I didn't think the rib made a huge change, or at least not what difference raising the comb makes.

5. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

2mm = .0787 inches<br>
    .2mm = .00787 inches

according to my Metric conversion tables. However, I don't shoot an adjustable rib, so that's all I can comment on.

However, you'll get your greatest POI change simply by adjusting your comb up or down.

My Perazzi 27 yard gun has a TON of rib showing between beads because I shoot a 100% high POI and no adjustable rib. It is my personal opinion that adjustable ribs just don't provide enough POI change, but they do let you change the observable lining up of the beads to lessen the visible amount of rib showing between them. For me, however, I could care less about that, as I don't see the rib anyway. Again, as I stated, this is only my opinion.

whizwhite_2008_0203289.jpg

I must have done this drawing 10 years ago, as I've always been on the 27 since 1975. I no longer shoot ATA, as I got tired of traveling 300-400 miles to get to a sizeable shoot and I am an old fart now!

Whiz

6. larrycrismond

larrycrismond Member

Whiz is absolutely correct. Regardless of the rib position, the barrel never moves. The only way to change the relationship of the barrel angle to effect POI is to raise the comb. That being said, Perazzi suggests that with a figure 8 bead alignment each notch will raise the POI from 50/50, to 4" higher with each corresponding raising of the back notch and lowering of the front notch - you have to raise the comb each time to get a figure 8, probably 1/8". Perazzi says that with a 4 notch rib, all the way up in the back and all the way down gives a 12" POI with a figure 8 sight picture. My MX 2000/10 shoots 16+ in. high with the rib highest at the back and lowest in the front, but I see rib between the middle and front bead.

7. BigM-Perazzi

your right Whiz, i'm seeing dot's tonite...

2mm...

8. Kemper

Kemper Active Member

Hey, what about me? My rib bends the barrel of my K-80 up, I don't need to raise the comb to raise the POI.

Barry Kemper

9. BigM-Perazzi

cheater...

;-)~

10. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Well, you could do what Ray Stafford did to my barrel at my state shoot. He bent the barrel up so high it bent the rib... but I shot a 99 at the Grand the following month at the Grand.

Never bothered me and in those days there was no such thing as an adjustable comb. Of course that same day I bought a Perazzi abd has it shipped back to me in SD.

WW

11. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

Drake, your Perazzi has a tetter-totter rib. If you adjust only the rib you affect POI. If you adjust only the comb you affect POI. When you adjust both together in the manner suggested by Perazzi, the POI effects are additive.

Perazzi currently says (at least for 2000RS, MX-10 and the like) that adjusting the rib by one notch and adding or subtracting a 2mm spacer will change your POI by 4" at 40 yards. They are correct; however, if you are worried about fractions of an inch, the exact amount is dependent on your barrel length.

The rib move accounts for about 1/3 of that change with the comb adjustment accounting for the remaining 2/3. So adjusting the rib one notch down in the front (and up one in the rear) will raise your POI by about 1 1/3". Adding the 2mm spacers under your comb raises POI by an additional 2 2/3" for a total of 4" rise of POI. There is no law that says you have to adjust both together. However, if you do not, you will not see the same front/mid bead relationship.

12. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Drake. Don't you have the POI chart fright from Perazzi? That came with the gun? I have those for MX10, MX15 and others. I'd p;publish that to the thread but tell us what gun you have. Too, my emails is above and I will send an attachment along to you if the TS.coimd picture server stays down (as it seems to be right now).

13. JACK

Drake. Don't you have the POI chart fright from Perazzi? That came with the gun? I have those for MX10, MX15 and others. I'd p;publish that to the thread but tell us what gun you have. Too, my emails is above and I will send an attachment along to you if the TS.com picture server stays down (as it seems to be right now).

14. Drake20

Drake20 Member

The gun is a MX2000RS. Bought the gun used. It did not come with any paperwork.

15. JACK

Am sending Drake a Paper work pamphlet with rib diagrams.

16. BigM-Perazzi

Makes me hungry..

17. JACK

Jeff. You need one too? Truth be known when I was looking for one a few years back a fellow form FL sent me two that pretty much matched up my TMX. So I am just returning the favor. OH! Ribs! I need to run a new thread on how I now cook ribs. I have the picture but the server is down.
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

adjust perazzi rib

google2005 perazzi rib adjustment

how to adj rib on perazzi

how to adjust a mx10 rib

mx10 rib adjustment

perazzi adjustable rib poi

perazzi mx10 broken rib

poi rib adjustment