1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

PERAZZI OWNERS - New Action Blocks Half Price

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by whiz white, Oct 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

I am now selling new Perazzi Action Blocks (locking Blocks #110) for the MX8 series Perazzis. These are silghtly over-sized at 3mm (picture shows a 2mm, but he is selling the 3mm), so you should not have a problem getting them to fit with little fitting.

I have had one on order from Perazzi & Giacomo since June. I *just* got it yesterday. They sell for $165 from Perazzi.

If your tang lever is approaching the 6 o'clock position or the action opens when fired, you will need this part.

Marcello Guiliani in Italy (GMGUNPARTS.COM) called yesterday to tell me he had 400 ready for shipment around the planet. I requested that he make these due to the shortage from Perazzi.

I am now his US distributor for all his items. If you see something on his site you want, I sell it at a 10% discount.

IThese sell for $105 and $4.65 postage.

[​IMG]

Whiz White<BR>
    S&W Supply Company

2. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Dealer discount?

3. Guy

Guy Member

Whiz: Not to be a smart a--, but your header says half price.

4. Sovrapposti

Sovrapposti TS Member

That's a good price for it.

Perazzi designed the interchangeable Action Bolt for easy re-built, but a competent Perazzi shotgunsmith can easily weld up worn barrel shoulders to meet your original Action Bolt for less expenses than buying a new Action Bolt, replace and refit. That's what we did in Italy.

The factory Action Bolt is harder than the barrel shoulders, it wears down the shoulders, that's why you'll need thicker bolt for replacement.

Maybe Giacomo is doing the same thing, that's why he doesn't keep them in stock. This is the most common gunsmith work on a used Perazzi, how he not to keep them in stock?

5. whiz white

Giacomo has none.

The price is *about* half of the standard $165 list price and I am selling them for $105. Sorry if I lead you on, but I listed the price.

Being a mathematician I *could* list the EXACT discount if that really matters to you, na I won't, you can do that.

Probably not the best idea to reweld them (Giacomo does NOT reweld them). They are hardened to a specific hardness for the entire piece. Actually Marcello sends them to a facility in Italy that is 5 hours away. He drove up there this week to get them from them. They have a hardness, I believe he told me, about a 4 something.

6. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

Whiz, 4 hardness means nothing. It would be measured on the rockwell C scale for hardness. I would guess somewhere between 35-45 Rc maybe thats where the 4 came in (40) Just being helpful.

7. decimamas 54

decimamas 54 Active Member

Just to be precise: the steel that we use to make the locking blocks is pre hardened and temperate (bonificato HRC 36 MPa 1137); when the piece is completed we do the nitriding on it (0,05 mm deep). All this to make it slide better and make it last longer.

8. oyster picker

oyster picker TS Member

Will these blocks work in a TM1? Thanks Ray

9. whiz white

After I posted the hardness, I did realize it had to be a Rockwell scale - I knew this from mechanical engineering studies about 40 years ago. If someone must know the hardness, I'll get that info. I guess the important fact is that we now have a supply of these coming from Italy, whereas Perazzi could not supply them.

These locking blocks come in 0.5mm increments. If your present block is stamped with a 2, then I'd recommend a 2.3mm or 3mm.

These do NOT fit the TM1, sorry. TM1's use the square type block. Here's why...

[​IMG]

Dealer Discount - I am the dealer, I got the discount, sorry.

Whiz

10. whiz white

WGH: Too late to change (can't) the thread title, so I guess we'll have to live with my mathematical error.

Actually they are about half (BEFORE I add the shipping from Italy for the box).

Marcello says I should have them in 14 days (~Nov 15th).

Whiz

11. Ajax

Ajax Well-Known Member

Whiz, if the old locking block is stamped "0" what would you recommend?

Thanks, Ajax

12. whiz white

ChampII: Never heard of a 60mm?

Take a mic and check the distance at the shoulder that slides into the barrel monobloc notch.

Ajax: If you have a 0, then a 1mm would be the one, or a 1.5mm, or even a 2mm.

The will have to be fit. They are NOT a simple replacement.

Whiz

13. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Overstrike zero or understrike six? I am cleaning a P-Gun and thought I would ask. It does not need work now, but will eventually.

14. whiz white

Looks like a 6.

Notice on pictured right lug - the wear.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
block half price
perazzi action

perazzi action block

perazzi action bolt mx replace

perazzi locking block

perazzi mx action block
perazzi mx8 price
perazzi replacing action block