1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Perazzi or Krieghoff

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by coldtrail, Aug 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. coldtrail

coldtrail Member

I am looking to purchase both a Trap combo, and a Sporting Clay's overunder as well. I am trying to decide between a Perazzi, or a Krieghoff. I would appreciate any input,. Also any idea who has a better warranty department. It seems that they are priced pretty much the same

2. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

What Dick said. If you shoot Caps loads, the K-80 will be your best buddy. The Krieghoff can be outfitted to be as lively as the Perazzi, but you know the drill. Lighter guns have more recoil.

Your upper body strength and tolerance to recoil as well as which gun feels better to you should be your deciding factor.

3. otnot

otnot Active Member

Kreigoff is a more complicated gun and needs a gunsmith to work on it. Perazzi is a very simple gun and with a little common sense you can fix almost anything on it. Both great guns but I prefer the Perazzi.

4. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

You must shoot samples to make your decision when talking about these prices - heck, true enough at any dollar level. What works for most may feel like a front axle of a '48 Hudson to you while the other may be perfect....breakemall.....Bob Dodd

5. K80Dude

K80Dude Member

Hmmmm well I do agree that you should shoot both of them and then see which one you like best. I would also suggest you look at Kolar as well.

For the service issue I would say that krieghoff is going to be your best bet. I have heard some pretty bad experiences with perazzi except for when giacomo works on guns. With Krieghoff you have the factory and many dealers who are top notch for working on an Krieghoff. If you like them both then service is a much larger issue.

Dave

6. 22hornet

22hornet Well-Known Member

Maybe they heard about the Krieghoff's blowing up. LOL

7. phirel

phirel TS Member

Both great guns. I now shoot a K-80. Down side is that internally it is a little more complicated than Perazzi. The plus side is the unique way that K-80's allow you to actually change the POI without changing the sight picture. The rib actually moves the barrel up and down.

I have owned both and have been satisfied with both. For me, the key is how the gun and I break targets. I would dump my K-80 and go to a Stevens single shot if it would break more targets for me.

Pat Ireland

8. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

Like very one said see what fits you the best. Both Perazzi and Krieghoff are fine guns,but I think there are other guns out there just as good for less money. Take a look at the Kolar and Caesar Guerini.
    I was looking at buying a new trap gun a few months ago and tryed the Perazzi MX2000, Kriegoff Trap Special, Kolar TS and the Caesar Guerini. All good guns. But I just keep going back to the Guerini I shot it best next to the Krieghoff and I couldn't see the dollor diffance so I bought the Guerini.
    This gun has been the easy to set up. Shoots as good as any gun out there, looks good and I get people asking me how I like the gun. Also the Caesar Guerini has a life time warrany.
    I like my trap gun so much I getting the Guerini sporting next. It's worth taking a look at. But in the end only you can deside what you like the best.

9. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

Pat, they don't make a PFS for a Stevens single shot (yet).

10. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

If you decide on Perazzi make sure the price of a PFS is in your budget!!

11. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

more oleo B.S.....

As with any shotgun, make sure the stock fits. You will be fine....

12. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Coldtrail, if a first class warranty is a concern be aware that Perazzi's warranty lasts until the day of purchase.

A very good friend has been shooting an MX-8 combo for quite a few years. This is no little guy but he's had shoulder recoil issues from day one. He recently purchased a nice TM-X and finds much less recoil with this particular gun. The barrel was re-worked by Wilkinson. Could this addition make that much difference!!

13. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

ole, having Wilkinson work on your barrel absolutely reduces felt recoil. It cannot be the final bore diameter, because I've had both Wilkinson and Allor barrels with .740 bores, and the Wilkinson's shoot softer. It is a big difference before and after. So it has to be the forcing cone and/or the choke profile that accounts for it. I'm betting it is the forcing cones, which Wilkinson works more than Allor.

14. coldtrail

coldtrail Member

15. bobdog

bobdog Active Member

Ole, you've been listening to too much gossip. The Perazzi has a year warranty, not that you're likely to need it for a high end shotgun. Personally, I've never even heard of a defective Perazzi, let alone seen one.

As for recoil, I don't know what you're talking about. I've shot both the MX2000 and the MX2005 for a year apiece, and neither one of them has heavy recoil, even with 3 dram heavy loads. With 1 Oz. loads, they're popguns. Both guns have unmodified factory barrels.

16. Dove Commander

Dove Commander TS Member

My Doubles P-gun is 5 years old and has the same leaf springs.The other P-gun is only 1 year old. My K-gun gets the annual every year. No issues on either. I had Pylinski and Giacomo each do trigger jobs on both P-guns to lower the pull and tighten the trigger. Chris Mast set the triggers on my K-gun. Their both excellant guns. It's your choice.

17. comp 1

comp 1 Well-Known Member

PERAZZI,if you like a quick ,easy pointing gun--K-gun if you like to track targets-- own both but the P-gun suits my style of almost out of control shooting. The K-gun feels like a two by four in my hands ; no life at all--nothin and I mean nothing points and swings like a Perazzi except maybe a Renato Gamba Daytona sporting clays gun.Just my PERSONAL opinion--you pays your money and you takes your choice--again not knocking K-guns they are superb and strongly built--shoot one of each and decide what's right for you.

18. breakingclays99

breakingclays99 Member

As the daughter of a 3rd generation gunsmith, I can tell you that K-80s can be a gunsmith's nightmare as far as internal parts are concerned. There are just so many!

Personally, I shoot a Perazzi and it has never let me down.

But as others have already said, get the gun the fits you the best and feels right for you

Melissa

19. quattle

quattle Member

If friendly service means anything then I would recomend the Krieghoff. As long as the current gentleman is incharge of Perazzi USA Kreighoff should never want for business. I had never shot anything but Perazzi up till this year and thanks to Lucio I now shoot a Krieghoff.

pq

20. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

I performed warranty repair on the Perazzi when it was imported by Ithaca and Winchester. I know, I am older than dirt. LOL

I will only say that if the gun had not been dramatically improved, they would have gone out of business 30+ years ago!

I am in the process of getting a Mirage Bunker gun, and maybe a MX-8 as well. I hope old memories come back to me. I can barely remember how to load the darned things! LOL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

krieghoff or perazzi