1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Perazzi O/U barrels

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by bow377, May 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bow377

bow377 TS Member

I have a Perazzi combo,the unsingle barrel shoots 60-40, the under barrel on the O/U shoots 60/40 the over barrel shoots three (3) foot lower than the unsingle and the under barrel. WHO CAN REPAIR THIS. Thanking you in advance I remain, BOW

2. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

You didn't specify what yardage you got these results at, but if it is actually 3 FEET at 40 yards, it may not be fully correctable without major surgery.

Try the following: If your gun is new I'd call Perazzi and have them fix it. If not new and fixed chokes I'd send to Tom Wilkinson, Jim Eyster or Kerry Allor to fix. Expensive, but you'll get perfection. If choke tubes, Briley can make you a set of eccentric tubes to correct the problem. Or you can have the barrel and threads recut for new new longer tubes by Briley, Stu Wright and, Skeets and others. My last resort would be eccentric tubes.

If they cannot help because the POI is off too much, you'll have no alternative but to send to Giacomo, etc. for repair. That will cost about half what a new set will cost.

3. bow377

bow377 TS Member

Does anyone have Tom Wilkinson phone number?

4. gary0920

gary0920 Member

Tom Wilkinson
    Oxford, NC
    (919) 603-0167

5. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

Copied from the thread 13 yard POI revisited:

Mike,

A few years back, while I was working for Kolar, I had a couple of customers with some high grade Perazzis. Though the guns patterned straight, and the height was "fair", the customers what a particular POI. I called Giacomo, and then sent the guns to him to have the side ribs removed and the "wedges" repositioned. I explained to him how we were patterning and ask for them to paterrn the same way.

Giacomo then sent the guns back and the customers and I patterned the guns (side ribs still off). We needed to send them back again for just a little more adjustment and we then patterned again.

When the customers were satisfied, Giacomo, soldered the side ribs back on and reblued the bbls.

Of course, this wasn't a cheap process. I can't remember the exact price for each gun, but something tells me it was around $1200.

Doug Braker

6. bow377

bow377 TS Member

Thank you Doug Braker for the information, this set of over/under barrel does not have side ribs.

7. bow377

bow377 TS Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.