1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Perazzi O/U barrel on Ebay - what will it fit?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by hunter44, Jul 23, 2013.

1. hunter44

hunter44 Well-Known Member

Really a rough set of Perazzi barrels on Ebay...........what will they fit? Ebay # 171079418852 Makes me wonder what the rest of the gun must look like?

2. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

It's originally a MX-10 barrel.

That one will fit any MX-8 style receivers. Type IV.

Badly rusted and pitted. It might had been in a gun case for years without proper cleaning prior.

Some uniformed bidder went over the $850 "Buy it now" price, now it's superseded at $1000+. Silly.

3. hunter44

Would a gunsmith ever be able to remove the rust & pitting & reblue that barrel to make it look decent?

4. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

Not sure about the pitting marks, you can try, it's not going to be cheap.

The original buy it now price @$850 you might have something worth working on.

5. Trapshooter

Trapshooter Well-Known Member

Sad, the barrels look bad. Shame.

6. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

BBL "socks". don't use them. Lightly oil your bbls and case them. Air is better than a trapped bbl with finger prints. Wrap a red shop cloth around the mono-block. Do a cursory job with a snake or a fuzzy rod. Do that once a week. Clean the bbls with a power bore brush twice a year.

Those bbls are junk. if one of those rust spots has a matching rust spot on the inside, likely they will blow out.

Thanks for showing that to us.

Jack

7. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Rust can usually be removed, pitting not always depending on how deep it is into the metal ... The Barrels can be sanded and have an armilite (sp?) coating put on them, they will not look like a blued set of barrels but still be useable ... There are several places that do this if you Bing (goolge) barrel coatings and the cost is not rediculous ... Get in touch with Frank at FET Guns and Componants in Phoenix (602) 708-0982 and talk to him about it, he has a place that does super nice work or can advise you the right way to do it ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

8. bkt514

bkt514 Active Member

I have a nice O/U barrel set that I am considering selling:

MX-8 31.5" O/U Barrel

mid-height rib

Perazzi Screw in chokes (4)

Perazzi Ported

But not for $850....lol

9. hunter44

Whoever buys it is taking a gamble, maybe it can be refinished & maybe it can't.........going to be costly.

10. smokintom

smokintom Well-Known Member

WOW!!! They might be salvagable but its impossible to tell without haveing them in your hand. Big risk. Can`t believe what its bid up too either.

11. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Try not to buy from Ebay. Too many mistakes in their system. I've try to buy through them and been told the item was already sold, then they kicked me off the site because I wouldn't pay for the item and the seller made a complaint against me. I did zero wrong.

I just bought an item on ebay with no hitches from the seller but Ebay said they told the seller not to send the item to me until I paid for the item that they said was sold to another buyer.

I later was foolish to try again and bought a "Harper's Weekly" illustration to donate to the Trapshooters Hall of Fame silent auction and the seller was told, by Ebay, to cancel my order and not to ship it after approving my credit card payment and given a confirmation number.

Try not to buy from Ebay. Their system is so poorly executed, it's nothing but a hassle. I have reported them to the FTC., like that will do any good. Bear.

12. smokintom

smokintom Well-Known Member

Wow.Ive done a lot of business on ebay and never had a problem in over 150 transactions.

13. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I have also done many transactions on EBay and never had so much as one problem ... I bid, pay, and wait for the delievery, no more problem ... I had one seller send me the same item twice, I sent tham a messgage telling them they made a mistake and how did they want me to return same to them, never heard anything more from them except asking me to give them a good rating ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

14. 682b

682b Member

I also do bit of buying and selling on EBay. I have had no real problems with them. Buyers are another story. Through it all I have maintained a very good rating.(jted1971) I don't like the commissions they charge but they need to make a profit. That is why I list gun stuff here first. I would rather give David the money than the EBay folks. The other plus, are the customers knowledge and basicly shooters? Well they generally have class.

15. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

So what did it sell for?

Some people dont pay or friends bid up the price and it isnt a true sale

Gene

16. ohiomike

ohiomike Member

$1225.00, with seven hours to go.

17. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

P.T. Barnum was right!!

Search tags for this page