1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Perazzi not tripping the ejector sometimes?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by riflegunbuilder, May 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. riflegunbuilder

riflegunbuilder Member

My Perazzi MX8 is occaisionally not tripping the bottome ejector. Pin on receiver face appears to be coming out as it should. Where do I start looking?

2. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Your ejection trip rod may be worn. Try removing the rod and GENTLY bend the short "L" leg out just a bit. It doesn't take much. If you re-assemble the gun and the bottom barrel now ejects as it should, replace the trip rod. You can purchase them from Perazzi USA. If you are going to replace one, you might as well replace them both while you have the stock off. Very easy to do... Dan Thome (Trap2)

3. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Needs a new ejector trip rod #109 or #110 depending on side.

They only need to wear a thousandths or so to do what you are experiencing.

Whiz

4. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Pay careful attention to put the rods back in exactly as they came out and like Whiz said there is a right and a left trip rod. They're different.

5. Force Break

Force Break TS Member

Not the poster, but it answered my question. My MX8 started doing that a couple of weeks ago at a pointer trial, actually kind of handy not spitting shells all over the field.
    Not trying to hijack, but if I leave it that way will it do any damage?
    Wayne

6. whiz white

Barry is correct: flat part is always UP!

7. NJFlyer

NJFlyer Member

Pull it out and clean it. I use a pipe cleaner, run it through a few times.

8. Barry C. Roach

The pipe cleaner thing works good. I wipe mine out a couple of times a year and the "fuzz" on the pipe cleaners doesn't come off and stick in the holes. A squirt of GunScrubber or the like will really clean them out. Good luck.

9. himark

himark Well-Known Member

It wont hurt until u remove barrel sometime with it not tripped than your button retainer falls out as u curiously examine to find out the ejector goes flying into abyss.

10. Force Break

Force Break TS Member

Good to know, thank you.

11. Barry C. Roach

himark. What "button retainer"?

12. whiz white

Button retainer... maybe this:

[​IMG]

Although the absence of part #207 will cause the ejector(s) to fly, I don't think I've ever seen an ejector lock fall out. They only "fall out" after an ejector has broken and "flown the coop" and then the button could drop out or be removed during maintenance.

The ability of the gun to fail to eject a shell, versus lifting the shell, is the result of a faulty ejector trip rod the majority of the time. The ejector trip rod does NOT have to see much wear to fail to trip the ejector sear(s) in the forearm. It is not a normal occurrance, but is an area that fails to see much lubrication, thus causing premature wear. And again, the ejector's "flat" faces UP!

WW

13. himark

himark Well-Known Member

Whiz if it doesnt trip AND your remove your barrel the ejector is still depressed then the button can fall out as you rotate the barrel to figure out WTF is going on. Then you can get a ejector to sail away! Been there done that and bought the replacement parts from you. :0) If I remember correctly when I called you you said ............Ahhhhhhhhh failed trip rod! LOL

14. whiz white

But, when you remove the forearm, and you tilt the barrel down as you remove it from the receiver, the ejector will move rearward anyway and come out as you remove the barrel, because the forearm is removed.

You can see this happen if you leave the trigger out of the gun when you disassemble the gun. No trigger, means that the 109&110 have not been moved forward by the hammers.I do it all the time, so there must be something amiss in the forearm ejector sears, because unless they are tripped, the ejector springs merely push the ejectors backwards.

In order for the Ejector Lock to fall out, the ejector itself MUST be pressed ALL THE WAY forward. As you move the barrel up and out of the receiver, only just a little bit, the lock is covered by the ejector, so it just cannot fall out.

Now, if you break an ejector in a certain location, this is all entirely a different story.

WW

15. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

+1 for what Whiz says...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

perazzi ejector sear

what does a perazzi ejector sear do