1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Perazzi - Need to know?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by rad 53, Nov 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rad 53

rad 53 Member

I have an SHO Perazzi with two year codes on the barrels. XXVI [1970] and AI [1982] Has any one else ever encountered this double year code stamping on Perazzi barrels? Maybe they were made in 1970 and finally fitted and proofed in 1982? The PSF mark is stamped twice, the FINITO mark stamped once, another faint mark I can not read, and an R mark is also stamped, along with the usual MAP,CAM 70, and the serial No.5483 which indicates 1970 manufacture.Any help on this would be much appreciated,regards, Donald.

2. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

In many European countries.. any change to the barrel weight..where the 1st proof is not correct requires a reproofing.. IE.. backboring.. shortening a barrel.. Some.. it's just a time thing..like every 10 or 20 years... Then.. the barrels might have been 26".. and they wanted 30"..to save money.. they reused the mono-block... Maybe a barrel split.. or came unsoldered.. Any of the above would demand a reproofing after repair..

3. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

I'll bet that one is well documented at P, if they did it. I'd write them if your concerned.

4. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

In Karl Lippard's book he has no listing for SHO #5483 The SHO's numbers jump from #5455 03/69 to #5484 dated 05/70 Perhaps this gun was sent back to the factory for type II to type IV forend change.

5. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

rad53, Yes, the above comment from PBB is correct, any modification to the barrel will require reproofing. Unfortunately I don't have any more records of that particular gun except it's originally sold in Italy, not U.S.

TOOLMAKER 251, JFYR, the information from my friend K. Lippard's book is not entirely correct, there're a few guns in that section are confirmed incorrect. For example, one of the guns in ser.# 543X was listed as SHO, I had that gun years ago, now my friend has it, I assure you it's a DHO.

6. KRK32

KRK32 Member

Maybe my rusty old taurus is in the book Its a SHO too. Kirk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.