1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Perazzi MX8 or MX2000 for bunker

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by olympicshooter, Jun 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. olympicshooter

olympicshooter Member

What is a better gun for bunker MX8 or MX2000

2. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Depends on the phase of the moon on the day the gun is shot. HMB

3. olympicshooter

olympicshooter Member

I am on the National Development Team for trap, so I am going to go to California to get my gun fitted. What would you prefer Big Bore.

4. AJJ

AJJ TS Member

Mike, if you can, you might advise olympic shooter to contact Allan Chubb, from his posts on the subject of "Bunker" sounds like he knows what he is talking about. AJ.

5. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Ok...dumb question. I understand that some of these birds are not typical rising targets, but wouldn't a flat rib sporty gun work? A 30" or 32" MX-8?
    Pardon my simplistic approach, but I've noticed a few people making quite a deal out of this bunker game.

6. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

Setterman, Essentially, you are right. A fast, flat shooting P-gun is the ticket. Sporting guns may be fine.

If you go to a serious bunker shoot, the predominant gun by far is an MX-8 with 29.5" barrels and a low flat rib. You do see some 32" barrels but seldom one shorter than the 29.5". And, they typically weigh in at 15.5 to 16.4.

Regards, Jake

7. ffwildcat

ffwildcat TS Member

i would be really tempted to buy the MX8 combo for sale on this page and put a PFS on it - that would make a sweet bunker gun.

did you see bret erickson took silver in suhl. diamond took the gold. watch out for bret, he could do it this year, he's really shooting well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.