1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Perazzi MX8 Ithaca import receiver and iron

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by ltctpu, Feb 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ltctpu

ltctpu Member

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

Perazzi MX8 Ithaca import receiver and iron SN 42XXX matching serial numbers.. The original case coloring is just starting to show some thinning on the bottom and edges. Type 3 forearm iron that’s bluing is in very good condition. Must ship to your FFL.

$1300 + $20 shipping & insurance

As always, no hassle full refund if you’re not satisfied

Thanks for Looking!

Tom Urich

ltctpu_2008_0303202.jpg

ltctpu_2008_0303203.jpg

ltctpu_2008_0303208.jpg

ltctpu_2008_0303205.jpg

ltctpu_2008_0303206.jpg

ltctpu_2008_0303207.jpg

2. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

0   0   0

Nice clean early model frame.. They are harder than the new ones.. and seem to last for about forever..

3. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

0   0   0

The locking bolt on this receiver is a high number.. so ALOT of different barrels can be fitted to it by fitting.. You might not need a new bolt.. just need to fit this one.. This looks to be about a #8.. bolts start at 09 and go all the way to #13..

4. dward

dward Member

0   0   0

I bought an extra single barrel with foreend (iron and wood) for my type 3 mx8 combo and there was too much head space. Talking to Giacomo it sounded like the lugs had to be rebuilt and fitted for the head space to be right. If the receiver fit the barrel I have I'd be interested. I'm out of town but will check the #s on my extra barrel this weekend.

5. dward

dward Member

0   0   0

And now that I think about it Mike, I think you sent a receiver to me a few years back that I returned as it didn't fit the extra barrel that I have.

6. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

0   0   0

Yep.. You have a good memory... i'm sure the seller would have no problem letting the barrel and receiver.. meet at a gunsmiths location to see how well they fit.. Sometimes.. what looks like a "no way" to the public is a quick and easy adjustment to a gunsmith who fits barrels..

I give anyone the right of inspection with either a barrel or receiver.. NOT to be cut on.. just to be mounted with a look see.. I just sent 2 barrels to Jerry White.. serial#44XXX and 439XX.. one fit almost perfect.. one was a no go.. He kept 1 and returned one.. It may or not drop on this receiver.. be able to be fitted.. or be a no go..

I've had brand new barrels #140XXX fit these beautiful receivers perfectly..with minor adjustments.. and had some NO GO... It's just the nature of the beast..

In any event..I like the receiver.. You could always sell of the iron if you went to a cat4 forend.. You'll kill 2 new receivers before this old trooper will show much sign of wear.. The older ones were HARD.. the new ones are SOFT..

All Good.. Mike

7. ltctpu

ltctpu Member

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

PBB (Mike) I appreciate the assist on this fine receiver!

Receiver has now been put back together and is now for sale as a whole system. Check it out at
    the above wesite URL
    Regards Tom Urich

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.