1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Perazzi MX6??

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 1Ljutic1, May 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1Ljutic1

1Ljutic1 TS Member

OK all......I am not that familiar with Perazzis. So, my question is this...I have found what I think is a nice gun. It is a MX6 SCO, with the adj. rib, 29.5", case, with the receiver covered with Pisotti Gargoyle engraving. The price is $13995. I dont know anything about this gun. Can anyone educate me about this gun? Also, in your educated opinions, is this a good price? This gun is like 98%. Thanks to all who will respond. Steve

2. Guy

Guy Member

I'd guess it is a made up gun....check serial numbers and date proof. The adjustable rib barrel gives it away.....you should be able to buy an authentic SCO for that money. But I could be wrong.

3. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

MX-6 was an econo model with plain side receiver, and rounded monobloc. A later production version of MX-3. They don't come with adj. rib.

A used factory SCO grade on regular MX-8 type gun will cost between $15000~20000.

I can never understand why Perazzi would made SCO grade on an econo model?

4. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

It's not a made up gun at all. These were sold in the early 90's and had the rounded monoblock, similar to the MX3. Steve W is very knowlegeable about these.

My handicap gun is an MX6 with selectable trigger. I don't shoot the O/U for double with this gun as it is set up very high.

Whiz

5. 1Ljutic1

1Ljutic1 TS Member

This one is O/U only. I dont know if this has the selectable trigger. Should it? I dont believe it has choke tubes. Is this price in the ballpark? Steve

6. whiz white

IF it shipped as an O/U it may have have the extrnal slide button behind the trigger. These are great items and make the trigger much more valuable.

I think the price is nuts - too high, but I've not seen the engraving either. I am not impresseed by engraving... they don't shoot better.

Whiz White

7. Steve W

IMO, strictly my opinion....

If you must have a SCO, get one on the sculpted frame. When you get into this price range, people pay more attention to all the details.

Engravings on an entry level gun is not the best way to spend your money. They are very difficult to sell.

Don't get me wrong, MX-6 is a wonderful gun in it's price range, but when you get into $13000 level, it's not the right platform.

8. rick979

rick979 Active Member

Buy a Bowen and forget all that engraving!

9. Guy

Guy Member

Whiz: It's a made up gun if it has an adjustable rib barrel.....or at least an after-market add on.

Steve: Pass on this one.

10. 1Ljutic1

1Ljutic1 TS Member

OK Thanks everyone. I wasnt sure. Glad I asked. It is a BEAUTIFUL gun. Maybe I can get them to lower the price. They have had it for a couple years now. Its obvious why I suppose. Thanks again! Steve

11. slickhead

slickhead Active Member

Whiz I agree with Steve If it has a adjustable rib IT IS MADE UP! I not for sure but I believe they only came as combos. Correct me if I am wrong. Jimmy

12. slickhead

slickhead Active Member

O by the way they were great guns. That did not sell as well as Perazzi thought, and flat shooters.(stacking the beads of course). Same monobloc as original MX-3

13. whiz white

I agree with Steve too... I read too fast and missed adjustable rib thing. When the MX6's were made available to the public, there was no such thing as an adjustable rib.

Consequently, it has to be an after-market gun.

I also am in full agreement that is was a poor choice for engraving as shown.

In fact the picture absolutely confirms that it is NOT an MX6, but more like an MX8 sqaurebox monoblock.

[​IMG]

Whiz

14. brucestorey

brucestorey Member

The sculpted receiver, alone, proves the pictured gun is not an MX6. The MX6 has the flat-sided receiver.

Bruce

15. whiz white

Since this was highly engraved, it would not have amazed me if someone could have sculpted the receiver in an effort to make it look different.

Whiz

16. brucestorey

brucestorey Member

They couldn't have cut that much metal off of it -- the receiver would not match the forend.

Bruce

17. 1Ljutic1

1Ljutic1 TS Member

Yup...thats the one. So they are advertising it wrong then?

18. Steve W

The subject gun in the pic. is definitely not a MX-6 receiver. The rib looks like it's factory, again definitely not a MX-6 barrel either.

Perazzi do make special configurations for it's paying customers from time to time, but this is a very interesting combination, such a tall adj. rib on 29.5" barrel, almost like the new MX-2008.

19. ramorton

ramorton TS Supporters TS Supporters

Looks like an engraved MX2005 to me. They make 29.5 barrels along with the 31.5. Some of the experts on Perazzi on this site should have the correct answer. But is is not an MX6. Barrels from an MX6 do not fit on an MX8 sculpted receiver. Roy

20. 1Ljutic1

1Ljutic1 TS Member

OK I will try to get the serial number. Would that help? Thanks Steve

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
perazzi mx 6
perazzi mx 6 review

perazzi mx6

perazzi mx6 manual

perazzi mx6 review

perazzi mx6 shotgun