1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Perazzi MX2005

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by ramorton, Nov 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ramorton

ramorton TS Supporters TS Supporters

If you shoot a MX2005, how do you like it. Thanks, Roy

2. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

bump also looking for opinions on the MX2005SR (short rib)

3. Ted K.

Ted K. Member

I have an MX2005 combo and shoot both barrel sets regularly. I like the gun a lot. The geometry/rib height of the 2005 is quite similar to the Kolar Max T/A, which I also shoot. The Kolar is a little heavier and has a slightly different swing and balance. Sometimes the Perazzi shoots well for me and sometimes I do better with the 2005. They are both good guns.

Ted K.

4. kolarroy

kolarroy TS Member

Thanks Ted, I just sold my Kolar and decided to try the 2005. I too, had the Max Ta, which I liked alot. Just couldn't get the stock to fit. Needed another type stock.

5. rhymeswithorange

rhymeswithorange Member

I just got a combo (off of TS.com) about 2 months ago. I like it so far, shoots soft.

Dave Eberhart

6. bobdog

bobdog Active Member

Dave, if it has a rubbed out stock, it might have been mine. There aren't many of them around. I shot it for a couple of years and it was a terrific gun. I had some vision changes and needed to switch to a lower rib gun this summer.

It took some getting used to, but once I figured it out, it was a shooter. I shot some nice scores with it.

7. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

I had problems with the MX2005 as there was a disassiciation between the rib.. and the barrel..(a visual thing)..I'm having better results with the short rib version I'm playing with right now.. If you include the DB81 in the question.. I think you'll have alot more answers regarding the high rib..

All work great for some people.. just a matter of which group you fall in..

8. rhymeswithorange

rhymeswithorange Member

Bobdog, here is a picture of mine. My shooting has struggled for the past two months or so but I don't think its related to the gun.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

perazzi mx 2005

perazzi mx2005