1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Perazzi MX2005 unsingle opinions?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by winchesterAA, May 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. winchesterAA

winchesterAA Member

Hi,
    I was wondering if i could get some opinions either good or bad on the Perazzi MX2005,combo set or just the unsingle, I currently shoot a MX2000 unsingle and a MX2000RS combo, I was thinking of getting a 2005 but was wondering about that very high rib, I shoot the 2000's well and like them alot, Any input would be greatly appreciated, Thanks Richie

2. wbill

wbill Member

I have had the MX2000 also that I shot well. I just bought a 2005 that I think will become my best shooter yet. It helps you keep your head up for a better site on the target. Just my two cents worth. Bill

3. Sonny

Sonny Member

It helps keep the head up and it points better than any gun I have owned

4. docl

docl TS Member

I bought one(unsingle) after seeing several of the old guys 75+ at the Amarillo Gun Club shoot them well. I respect the wisdom of my elders so I bought one and my shooting notably improved and continues to improve. Lewis

5. tsosin

tsosin TS Member

I've had one for the better part of a year and have shot the gun very well. Make sure that the lop is good for you, set it up and put away the adjustment tools. I don't know about the others, but there is a real temptation to adjust, re-adjust and then do it again. I also know one owner who sold his after having trouble with canting the gun.

6. chipped1

chipped1 TS Member

Go for the combo and you won't regret the purchase. The MX2005 is one hell of a gun. Only downside is the butt ugly wood you will get for you $12,500.

Chip

7. docl

docl TS Member

Yes, I too wish I had bought the combo. The o/u barrel set is $4500.00 if you can find and fitting another $500.00 or so. Like Chip says, you will regret later if you don't. Lewis

8. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

The only thing the 2005 does is lower the bore relative to your cheek. That means it recoils more straight back and less upward. As far as keeping your head up, phooey. You can do exactly the same thing with your 2000RS by adding an adjustable butt plate. Just move it lower.

Personally, I think the real decider is the O/U barrel. If you think your RS O/U barrel's rib it to low, the 2005 O/U might be just the ticket for you. You'll have to buy another gun (or a stock at least) because you are not going to be switching between your RS unsingle barrel and a 2005 O/U barrel without making big adjustments.

BTW, both examples I saw for sale at the Keystone Open had very nice wood- much, much nicer than what came on my 2000RS combo.

9. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

I know a guy who can't hit the floor with one if he drops it.

But I reckon it's the shooter...

10. puablo

puablo Well-Known Member

Hey Buddy Boy...check out the K-80TS...you might just switch altogether.
    See ya soon. puablo

11. ccw1911

ccw1911 Member

Is 5/8ths the actual difference in height between a mx2005 and mx2000?

12. trident

trident Member

Jeff, now that's downright mean! LOL

13. ljuticsscentennialpro

ljuticsscentennialpro Member

Does the weight of the tall rib on the MX2005 make it swing slower than an MX2000/10 or an MX2000RS? How is the MX2005 in doubles? I like to shoot fast. Thanks, Bob

14. winchesterAA

winchesterAA Member

Puablo,
    Me switch to a K-80? You have a better chance of hitting lotto my friend! Richie

15. winchesterAA

winchesterAA Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

perazzi mx 2005 unsingle