1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Perazzi MX2000 Firing Pin Light Hit

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Quailtail, Mar 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quailtail

Quailtail Member

Every so often, I get a light hit on my bottom barell. It strikes the primer but not enough to fire. Shell will shoot in the top barell. May shoot a 1000 times and no issue but 1001 a light hit. Anyone have an idea as to what causes this to happen?

2. MX10RS108

MX10RS108 TS Member

hammer not hitting square on firing pin grind alittle off hammer to flatten it out mine did the same thing

3. Hogsan

Hogsan Member

Ejector trip rod dirty or bent. Hammer acctuates triprod also. Remove clean and or streighten or replace or have done. It fixed 2 of my mine an MX-8 and a MX 2000.

Hope this helps.

Jim

4. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

Assuming you have the original trigger in the gun. I'd go with this list:

1) Right hammer spring has a crack at the hair pin turn? This would be the first thing to check.

2) Separated 2 part bottom barrel firing pin?

3) Dirty firing pin channel?

4) Bended ejector trip rod.

5) Wood in the stock is rubbing on hammer.

5. Ted K.

Ted K. Member

I had the same thing happen on my MX2005 earlier this week - intermittent misfire. I began to suspect that maybe the firing pin channel was dirty or something. Nope, the hammer spring was slightly cracked. Not fully visible until I took the spring out.

Ted K.

6. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

If this is the bottom barrel:

1. Does your RH hammer have the web in the firing pin strike area, and if so,<BR>
    2. Is the old style bottom barrel firing pin have the machined recess in its right-rear?

whizwhite_2008_0203242.jpg

If your hammer has NO web, then either firing pin works; old style or new style.

Then you should check the firing pin recoil spring #118. It could have a be broken and the broke piece is violating the space in the firing pin hole.

whizwhite_2008_0203240.jpg

or is this what your firing pins looks like:

whizwhite_2008_0203241.jpg

7. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

The hammer also has to push the cocking rod forward if it's return spring doesn't reset it back to it's home position forward. Take the trigger out and push on the cocking rod to see if it moves freely. If not, remove it and clean it and it's receiver. Be careful not to let the pin and spring fly when you remove the screw that holds the rod in it's home position.

8. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

If you're going to take the ejector trip rods out make sure you put them back right. There is a right and left .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

perazzi mx12 old style firing pins

perrazzi max 2000s light firing pin strike