1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Perazzi MX10

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Rich219, Jul 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

I think I've settled on purchasing the Perazzi MX10/RS but the difference between all the Perazzi models confuses me. What is the difference between a MX10 and a MX8? Is an adjustable rib the only difference?

Does this model have removable triggers?

2. batman1004

batman1004 TS Member

my first good trap gun was a mx8 combo great gun shot it 25yrs. now I have a mx10 top single had it all tricked out and tuned by wilkerson this is also a great gun I would suggest a top single unless you have shot a unsingle before triggers about the same drop out only difference is adj rib I have mine for sale if you are interested it is in super condition and it crushes targets and it is cheaper than new thats for sure send me private message geo 3

3. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

So the only difference between the MX10 and the MX8 is the adj. rib? So then the only difference between the MX10 and the MX2000 is the engraving?

I'm going to buy the gun new, it'll be my first high end gun and I plan to keep it for a very long time.

Thanks.

4. ramorton

ramorton TS Supporters TS Supporters

Yes, the only difference in the 10 and 2000 is the engraving. You can also get the 10-RS in nickel. Look's much better in my opinion. I have owned all three plus numerous others. You might want to shoot the top single 10 and the unsingle in either 10RS or 2000Rs to make sure of the barrel configuration you prefer. Also, if you plan on keeping the gun for some time, I would strongly suggest a custom stock. If you go to the Grand, Bobby Chambers will be there with his stock man. He now owns Wenig. You can also shoot the guns you are looking to purchase.One other suggestion would be to try the Kolar unsingle and the Max Ta unsingle. Kolar gives the best service I have experienced in shooting for 25yrs. along with Ljutic. Hope this helps, Roy A. Morton

5. doc boc

doc boc Member

The mx10 can be had several different ways. 1] as a top single with the adjustable rib. 2] as an unsingle mx10rs , rs is for ray stadford, there is a companion over and under for each. my buddies rs unsingle is slightly lower than my top single. i don't know for sure, but it think the rs over and under is slightly different from the standard mx10 o/u. hope this helps. doc

6. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

I'm planning on getting the MX10R/S O/U, not a single barrel and not a combo.

Does anyone know for sure if the MX10 R/S O/U is different from the regular MX10 O/U?

I plan to get whichever Perazzi I decide on in nickel.

7. ramorton

ramorton TS Supporters TS Supporters

The newer MX10 and MX2000/10 have higher ribs. The O/U has a higher rib than the 2000RS. Not much, but some. The top single has a higher rib than the unsingle 10Rs or 2000RS. Roy

8. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

If a blue MX10RS 34" in excellent condition.. totally original except for Hi-Viz front sight.. Virgin barrels .020/.032 is of any interest.. I'll be at the GRAND.. $6995.. All Good.. Mike

9. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

If you have the budget for a new MX-10, it'll be unwise not to buy Mike's gun.

Mike will stand behind his offering, he is capable of fixing it if needed.

10. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

I agree with Steve also Mike's gun is a good value I have seen his work and it is impressive quality plus you can shoot the gun making sure it fits you correctly. He works with Gacamo at the grand on Perazzis a no brainer Buddy

11. slickhead

slickhead Active Member

Are you left handed? If so I have a MX-10 Combo you might like. 34" top single and 32" O/U with Left handed SC-2 wood. Nickle finish. Mint condition.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
perazzi mx 10

perazzi mx10

perazzi mx10 combo for sale
perazzi mx10 for sale
perazzi mx10 rs for sale
perazzi mx10 trap
perazzi mx10rs information
perazzimx10