1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Perazzi MX coil spring triggers

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by mette56, Jun 20, 2013.

1. mette56

mette56 Well-Known Member

Is there such a thing? Can a leaf be converted to coil?

thanks

2. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

That's always a factory option on detachable triggers.

Converting to coil spring can be done, I have one.

3. dead on 4

dead on 4 Well-Known Member

Al Timmeny converted Perazzi triggers from leaf to coil when he was alive. You may check with current Al timmeny company and inquire if they offer this service, if not maybe someone here knows someone who will make a conversion.

Perazzi does offer a complete removeable trigger group with coil springs, somewhat pricey.

Surfer

4. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Why would you ever want to do that?

You can't beat the leaf trigger. Coils get softer and softer and softer. Leafs break; you change them and off you go.

There must be a reason that 99% of the Perazzi's have leaf springs.

WW

5. sptnclays

sptnclays Member

I would question there must be a reason that 99% of guns have coil springs.
    Yes they get softer but after many years. When a coil breaks they still function. You can choose when to replace them not have to in the middle of a tournament.

6. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Did I say coils? If so, that was an error, as LEAFS are the #1 style.

I was not in error, you didn't read my post carefully.

WW

7. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

We change out our coils every 3000 or so. You can see a softspring on the primer indentation. Leaf is theway to go, but coils are OK in TM guns. Stick with leaf in MX guns

8. luvtrapguns

luvtrapguns Well-Known Member

Coil springs RARELY break. I never broke one, never saw a broken one. After 10K rounds trigger still functioned perfectly. When I shot Perazz's I had two TM-1s (one leaf and one coil) and a Mirage (leaf). If there was any difference in speed or function I doubt anyone would be able to decern any difference in a blind test. Change the coil every 10,000 rounds and your set for another year or two. With a leaf spring it is more like Russian roulette. I did have a couple break in my Mirage and at least one in my TM. Leaf may last one day or ten years, you never know. I once shot on a squad where we had to stop mid stream for a Perazzi trigger repair, twice, with different guns. And both were MX with leaf springs. In case you can not tell from the above, for me it's COIL SPRINGS. I am not knocking Perazzi. They are great guns. Shot my first 100 straight with one and it took me all the way from 20 yard line to the 27.

In fact I am looking to buy an as new unmolested TMX. If you have a spare send me a PM. Thanks,Marc

9. MOP

MOP Active Member

I have used MX Perazzi's for years, some with leaf spring drop triggers,some with coil spring fixed triggers. I have never been able to detect any difference in quality of the trigger pulls. One of my favorites is an MS80, which has fixed triggers, and which has been shot quite a bit over the years. The coil springs will not break, but I have had two spring guides break, which requires stock removal, a replacement guide, and a special spring compression tool for repair.

10. rhymeswithorange

rhymeswithorange Member

Kim Rhode: In 15-16 years of daily shooting 500 to 1000 rounds, I have never had a malfunction in practice or competition. Every five or six years I've taken it in to Perazzi and had them go through it. They are definitely reliable. All my guns have coil springs that also adds to their reliability.

11. JT 27

JT 27 Member

I believe the sporting clay version P guns come standard with coils. My first TM had a leaf spring trigger, I was glad to get a coil spring replacement. My current MX had a coil spring break this week. The first one in 5 years with about 8000 rd.s a year. I think the spring tempering has improved a lot and longevity with it.

12. Avaldes

Avaldes Well-Known Member

The MX12 and MX2000S do not have removable triggers, thus the coil spring. Hard to do regular maintenance if you can't remove the trigger.

To the OP, not worth worrying about. If you have a coil trigger, that is great. If you have a leaf trigger, that is great too! If you absolutely have to have one or the other, they are regularly here in the FS section. Or you can order one direct from Whiz or Perazzi USA.

Search tags for this page
hammer spring for mx8 shotgun core spring
how to remove perazzi coil spring
how to remove trigger group of mx8 12ga of perazzi

perazzi coil spring triggercompared to leaf spring trigger

perazzi coil springs

spare trigger springs for a mx8 perazzi