1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Perazzi MX Barrel Questions

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by wineguy, Dec 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wineguy

wineguy TS Member

I have a late 80's MX O/U gun ,type 4, detachable trigger, bottom barrel firing first. I would like to fit a current adjustable rib unsingle barrel to this frame. Is this possible? Which current unsingle MX model barrels would fit? How extensive/expensive is the required fitting?
    Thank you for your help. BB

2. Baber

Baber TS Member

You have a type 4 gun which is the current version so fitting a new barrel would be easy. All current MX type barrels would fit however you will probably need a new locking plate as the one you have is probably worn. Should not cost you much to have Giacomo fit a new barrel.

TB

3. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

BB, it depends on your rib height. If you have a flat sporting rib, the no current adjustable rib barrel will match. If you have a stepped or ramp, trap rib, then an MX-15 unsingle barrel will match perfectly. Send me an email and we'll discuss. Also, judging by your handle, we have something in common.

4. VNVET

VNVET Member

I have a MX14 and I have tried an MX8 barrel and it does fit. The locking lever was over to the right almost to the wood indication to me that fitting would be required. Giacomo is "The man" as suggested by TBaber when it comes to Perazzi.

I think the locking plate on a Perazzi is of a slightly softer metal than the barrel lugs and designed to wear first and is easy to replace. I also think that the locking plate is standard replacement when fitting a new barrel and it should restore your existing barrel to new lockup condition and move your locking lever to the right.

5. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Replacement locking lugs come in 1mm increased thicknesses.

Easy to fit. I've done many. It just takes some time.

Whiz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.