1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Perazzi MX-8 Trigger

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Will Cam, May 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Will Cam

Will Cam TS Member

Last week while shooting bunker trap in Las Vegas, my gun started to double on me
    3 times during the course of the match. It's not a new model but I know everyone
    that had it before and it always worked without a problem since I purchased from
    one of my friends back in June, 06. Question, any of you that may have had this
    problem, what were the possible causes? 2nd Question, How much are triggers for
    the Mx-8 going for these days?

I will take my gun to Mr. Lucio Sosta at Perazzi USA in Ausua, Ca. soon, but I
    thought I would ask here first and see what others have to say. I should note
    that one of the flat springs cracked but was replaced also that weekend. I'm not
    sure if all the excess force from the doubles caused it to weaken. 3rd Question,
    which springs do you think is better, flat or coil? Thanks, take care and have a good shooting weekend.
    Will Cam

2. little gambler

little gambler Active Member

Will,

I would got out on a limb and say that the cause of your doubling problem was the cracked spring. I don't think that the spring was strong enough to keep enough pressure on the sear/hammer and the recoil was just enough to let it go when it had enough recoil to it.

When you change one spring you should change both and keep your extra as a spare. Now I am sure people will flock on here...........K-guns this......coil springs that........... l.g.

3. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Coil springs may 'weaken', flat (leaf) springs just go....
    If it's doubling, it's not the mainspring I'd think. Possibly the hook on the tree(?) is worn, preventing it from catching.

4. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Pat, now THAT's something we can all agree on!!!

2 1/4 oz of shot at once gets your attention! Wow! do's it ever destroy targets!!

lol

Jim

5. GordonWood421

GordonWood421 TS Member

And to have that happen the first time you are introduced to a P-gun is quite perplexing . Looking with great expectations about shooting "A" p-gun ! ! and to then get HAMMERED by a pair of ounce and an eighth 1300 fps thumpers was quite an introduction .

Still itching though .

Charlie

6. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

As Pat says, wash that Teflon-based lubricant out of there (Rem-oil, Triflo) with a good spray of Gun Scrubber and your troubles will be gone. Then use 3-in-1 or engine oil if you must but keep the really slippery stuff far, far away.

Neil

7. Will Cam

Will Cam TS Member

Thanks guys for your help. I will be seeing Mr. Sosta very soon and have him check the gun over. I might start changing springs once a year as a precaution and make sure I have plenty of spares on hand. I did clean the inside housing a
    little (had a little grease build up). Stay safe and shoot well.

Will

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.