1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

Perazzi MX-8 TRigger Problem???????????????

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Gary Waalkes, Oct 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gary Waalkes

Gary Waalkes Active Member

you are not considering the role of the cocking feet - once in while, you actually have to put in new ones.
  2. Gary Waalkes

you are not considering the role of the cocking feet - once in while, you actually have to put in new ones.
  3. Bob Schultz

Bob Schultz Active Member

Remove the stock and check for marks on the inside where the hammer is. Could be some wood swelling up and touching the hammer as it passes.

Bob
  4. perga1

perga1 TS Member

You tried shooting the gun with the stock off? What a man. JRM
  5. Gary Waalkes

I misunderstood your problem. I do not know how to make a hammer in a P-gun drag unless there is some interference. The cocking feet are only related to cocking the gun - sorry, I guess I did not understand your problem statement.

I do not believe there could be hammer interference so I am as mystified as you are.
  6. Steve W

Steve W Active Member

Check the left ejector trip rod, see if it is interfering the left hammer fall.

Here's a picture of the trip rod in the right side, they look the same on the left side.

[​IMG]
  7. Phillip's Gunsmithing

Phillip's Gunsmithing Member

What it sounds like to me is the cocking rod is draging on the trigger group and holding the cocking foot back. That will cause the hammer to have a slow fall the will cause a light hit on the primer.
    put the trigger in the action with the hammers cocked the where the bbl sits in the action you will see the cocking rod,see if you can push the cocking rod back then it should spring back when you let go of it. If it does not then that is your problem.
    If that is not it call me and I will walk you through a couple of othere things to check out.

Phillip Crenwelge 210-313-5988
  8. decimamas 54

decimamas 54 Member

Tom, exchange top hammer spring with your friend trigger group and try to fire the gun again; sometime you have micro fracture on the spring that you can not see but it slow the hammer down.
    Your firing pin is probably a little bit shorter than the one your friend have: different years, different leinght.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.