1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Perazzi MX 4 History

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by wineguy, Sep 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wineguy

wineguy TS Member

I have a Perrazzi MX 4 O/U with serial # 67352. I have been told this is a European model.The "Blue Book" lists the MX 3, 5 and 6 , but no 4.The frame, barrel and forearm iron all have matching nunmbers. The barrel is marked "Importer-Perazzi-USA, and Monrovia- California. Does anybody know the history of this model? Why no readily available information ?
    Thank you for your help.

BB

2. Baber

Baber TS Member

These are typically found only in europe. Did not know that any were ever imported into the US. They are just like MX8 except that do not have the "scalloped" fences like a MX8. Its more like a Comp 1 (SC1). I personally prefer this type of received however some people like the extra weight. They are also typically Bunker guns 29.5" barrels with weights of about 1.55KG± fixed chokes. All MX 8 parts and Type 4 barrels fit.

I can only surmise that Perazzi USA imported some probably to serve the Bunker Shooter Market. They did something similar a few years ago when they dumped a bunch of MX8B in the US. Sure wish I had bought one... $4k brand new

TB

3. wineguy

wineguy TS Member

TB, Thank you for the information.The barrels are 31 1/2" with fixed chokes, stepped rib and SCO factory wood.Unfortunately it is not a stock gun. The original owner had Pro Port do the barrel work,(.740 bore,under LT/mod. top I/M, and porting). The set up is for doubles , which I have used the gun for as well.No complaints on the performance.Luckily its in very good condition and spends most of its life in the safe.But always a crowd pleaser at the club.

BB

4. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

From the book "Perazzi Shotguns" by Karl Lippard:

" MX 4 1987-1993 Discontinued
    The MX 4 was a model designation in Europe to prevent confusion with the outward appearance of the MX3 Special. They both shared the same locking system with the MX8. Designed for European requirements although a number were supplied for the USA market. Flat rib except in the skeet version with 2.3 mm rib."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
perazzi mx 4c

perazzi mx4

perazzi mx4 review
perazzi mx4 reviews

perazzi mx4c

perazzi mx4c for sale

perazzi shotguns the differance mx4c or mx4
perazzi tb 1