1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Perazzi MX 2005

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by ramorton, Jun 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ramorton

ramorton TS Supporters TS Supporters

Need opinions on the new Perazzi MX2005. Please limit the responses to someone that has owned or owns this combo. Thank you, Roy A. Morton

2. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

Had one it shot very nice low recoil rib will go up to 100% plus very easy to cant down side is off the line it will not fit in a gun rack and is very clumsy to clean--handel and no soft case will fit .

3. ramorton

ramorton TS Supporters TS Supporters

Thanks Alf99, I also see your's is for sale. How about the weight of both barrel's? Thanks, Roy

4. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

Roy I tryed to sell mine after a week or two I did a trade for a new gun . As for weight and barrel ask Mike aka PerazziBigBore he knows that stuff I just shoot the target . My 2005 did weight about 9lb. 6oz.

5. bobdog

bobdog Active Member

I've got one and like it just fine. Whatever floats your boat, guys.

I didn't like it right away. It takes 1,000 rounds or so before you adjust to it and get things dialed in, but it shoots just as well as any other high rib gun. Mainly, you just have to forget about the rib and shoot it with your eyes "out" just like any other shotgun. That takes a couple weeks practice.

Soft shooting gun, especially with 1 Oz. loads. Handles heavy handicap loads without any harshness; I haven't felt the need to add any weight to it, and I haven't done anything else except to add an adjustable buttplate.

6. powder-em

powder-em Member

I got my new combo this spring. Sent the unsingle to Tom Wilkinson after only shooting it a few times. Whin I got it back I ran a straight the first round. I have shot it alot this year and am very very pleased. I love the upright position that I can maintain and shoot in. I like a heavy gun but find I have to slow down with it. The high rib gives me such a unspoiled field of view the target is seen much faster and I rush to it whin I don't need to. I didn't know when I sent the barrel to TOm if it would be any better than Briley but I am now convinced Tom is worth every cent he charges, I coulden't be any happier with the breakes I get. I switched form a MX 2000 Combe and wasn't sure about the 2005 so I kept the 2000 for awhile. It's gone now and I am not looking back. For me it's just great. All good Dave McCrea

7. powder-em

powder-em Member

I am having trouble adapting my PFS to the 2005. The comb is so high I couldn't seem to hit the sweet spot every time. Talked to Vern and he just sent me an Ultimate fit comb. Shot it today and like it so far. Still adjusting. But it is an awsome set up. Dave

8. bobdog

bobdog Active Member

I agree with Mike's comment about switching from one gun to another. I can switch back and forth with other trap guns, but sporties and field guns are another matter entirely. It takes me a week to be able to shoot the Perazzi again.

If you're monogamous about it, however, it's a sweet gun.

9. bobdog

bobdog Active Member

Sounds like you could buy Mike's 2005 for a really great price; offer him around $7,500.00 or so and end his misery. I hate to see a man suffer. Seems like a fair price to pay for a gun that doesn't shoot. Hey, maybe he'll take less.

Mine would cost a bit more.

I sold a 2000 unsingle to buy the 2005 combo. There is a difference between the two guns, and the 2005 does have a learning curve. Your mileage may vary, but I'm keeping mine.

10. Sonny

Sonny Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

mx 2005 perazzi for sale

perazzi mx 2005 shotguns for sale

perazzi mx 2005 weight

what year did perazzi introduce the mx 2005