1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

perazzi mx 15 trigger problem

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Simon Engraving, Sep 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Simon Engraving

Simon Engraving Active Member

hi have mx 15 leaf springs wont fire second shot. tried another trigger ass. from mx15 same thing. then tried mx2000 trigger ass. same thing. they all fit in reciever good. all had leaf springs. not believing cocking foot problem. should i be looking at ball lockup at rear of reciever or inertia block. thnks howard

2. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

After 3 triggers, I'd look at something on the frame or buttstock preventing the inertia block from setting. If you manually switch the safety on and off does it trip the 2nd bbl?

3. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

MX-15 is a single barrel model, did you put an O/U barrel on it? If so,

Sound like inertia block is not setting the second sear, are you using very light load on the first shot, what kind of stock? or you have PFS (or other recoil device)?

4. bkt514

bkt514 Active Member

I had to have Dan Loker at Giacamo's fix mine. He did repair when he fitted the O/U barrel to it.

5. Simon Engraving

Simon Engraving Active Member

yes tried o/u barrels from mx 2000. no safety or selector on these triggers. the trigger ass. from mx2000 from buddies gun works perfect in his gun with lite loads and has phil sims pro stock. i think my question now is on a o/u perazzi regardless of the number stamped on the side of reciever are they all the same reciever. this might be why inertia block works in 1 and not the other. thnks howard

6. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

If you are not shooting light loads or PFS on your MX-15, factory stock, it could also be the top barrel ejector trip rod is not moving freely, it might catch the top barrel hammer on it's way.

Now, check your hammers after it fail to fire the second barrel, don't open the gun, just pull out the trigger group, see if the left hammer is down.

If left hammer is down after fail to fire second barrel, it could be the trip rod, or wood (not likely) catching it. If left hammer is still cocked, it's the inertia block/ lifting tree/resetting sear issue.

7. Palos shooter

Palos shooter Active Member

Howard,The stock bolt is to long and it is restricting the inertia block from it's full travel..Fix... Remove the stock and then reattach the stock counting the turns of the bolt to get the stock back on..Then remove the stock and remove the bolt and place the bolt only back into the recever and count the turns and see if it restricks the full travel of the inertia block.I have seen this problem with custom stocks because the bolt hole was drilled a little short..The fix is to put a few washers on the bolt to act as shims to restrick how far it goe's into the reciver..

8. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

About the only thing an excessively long stock bolt will do is:<BR>
    1. Possibly interfere with the ability to remove a trigger because it might (although I have never ever seen this happen) come in contact with the Trigger Release Link #106.<BR>
    2. Let the stock sit loose in/around the receiver.

A stock bolt cannot touch the Inertia Block because the threaded hole in the receiver is not completely through the lug, and there is simply too much metal in the rear of the receiver to allow much else to happen.

A SHORT bolt, or an excessively THIGHT bolt could 'possibly' torque the rear of the receiver a bit causing who knows what, as I really doubt much at all. You'd have to use both hands to tighted the bolt that much, and then you most likely crack or cause the wood to start to crack.

Whiz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

howard simon engraver

howard simon perazzi
mx15 howard simons work
trouble reassembleing my perazi mx2000