1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Perazzi MX-15 Question?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by T2, May 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. T2

T2 Member

Why are Mx-15 unsingles usually a little cheaper than say a Mx-2000 unsingle or a Mx-10 unsingle? I know Perazzi doesn't offer the 15 as a combo but they seem similar to the other two guns. Thanks for any info.

T2

2. flabigpapa

flabigpapa Well-Known Member

Standard slab side receiver...Less Money to machine.

3. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

The main and only difference is the shape of receiver.

The standard MX series receivers are so call "seashell sculpted" it's a fairly expensive process, the MX-15 and other so call "entry level" models has plain side receivers, the term "entry level" is a relatively loose term, since MX-15 still carry a $10,597 MSRP.

MX-15 was made to be the most cost effective model for ATA shooters. It has the max. (6 notches) adjustment range among all models. It's $2,300 less than 4 notch MX-10RS, and $4,000 less than 5 notch MX-2000 unsingle in 2010 MSRP. IMO a true bargain.

Not to mention the "new" TM9X, a true single barrel gun (no capable to add O/U) is $1,600 more on MSRP than a MX-15.

4. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Less machine work on the receiver. Lesser wood on the standard grade. But that's all. It's a bargain compared to the other P-models. Plus it shoots higher right out of the box than all other Pguns. I've had mine for 10 years and still think it's a top performer.

Right now, with the economy being so soft, there have been some really nice ones being sold here at fire sale prices. Good time to take advantage of the soft market.

5. 1brucem

1brucem TS Member

MX15 have nothing to apologize for. I have mx2000 and mx15. I shoot the 15. Bruce

6. T2

T2 Member

Thanks for the info.

T2

7. Barry C. Roach

I really liked the look of the MX15L with the silver colored receiver. I had my std. MX15 plated with an advanced teflon/metallic plating. I had even more parts plated than the Perazzi does. Mine has the top lever, the trigger, the trigger frame and the forearm iron plated, as well. Now all the wear points are plated and I don't worry about wear or rust from my acidy hands.

8. hunter44

hunter44 Well-Known Member

How difficult is it to fit a set of O/U barrels to the MX15 & make a combo? Are there any special problems since a combo isn't available from the factory?

9. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

A simple barrel fit if you have a late model O/U barrel..

10. Steve W

All O/U with squared monobloc can be fitted to MX-15.

Perazzi offer MX-15 in a relatively low price with max. adj. feature. Not intended to compete with their more expensive MX-10 or MX-10 RS combo. That's why their so called "entry level" MX-14 combo doesn't have adj. features. If you want everything in one package, it'll cost you.

11. Barry C. Roach

Steve, I've been a marketeer for a very long time. I think Perazzi's plan is flawed. If they marketed an MX15 combo there wouldn't be as strong a market for CG and open up a new niche for Blazer. Both Kreighoff and Perazzi screwed up, in my opinion.

An MX15 combo would have been a much better approach than bringing back the TMtoomuch9's. Especially with the advent of the SCTP and the AIM programs. Italian vision is different than American vision, I guess.

They also could sell a ton of O/U barrels to guys already using 15's. Maybe they're listening.

12. Barry C. Roach

Steve W. Would you give me the history of the TM10, please?

13. Steve W

TM10 was a TM1 with adj. rib. A very limited production model. Didn't do too well on the market. That's pretty much a TM9X with plain receiver.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
how much does a perazzi mx-15 cost
mx 15 perazzi tar
perazzi mx 15 how long have they been made
perazzi mx 15 model
perazzi mx 15 review

perazzi mx15 any good

perazzi mx15 msrp new
perazzi tm9x vs mx15