1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

******Perazzi Mx 15 Question???******

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Perazzi-Mx8, May 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Perazzi-Mx8

Perazzi-Mx8 TS Member

Is the Mx 15 a single barrel trap gun or can you shoot o/u barrels to?

Thanks,
    Travis

2. rob 15

rob 15 TS Member

The Mx-15 comes as hta single barrel gun, however you can attach double barrels on it. It comes with a 2 hammer trigger. I personally put mx 8 barrels on mine and did not require any fitting, but I do change my comb height between barrels.

3. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

There appears to be some confusion above. An MX-15 unsingle barrel has the same rib height as an MX-8 TRAP barrel. A set of MX-8 ramp rib O/U TRAP barrels has exactly the same rib height, and will not require comb adjustments when switching between barrels, IF you want all your barrels to shoot to the same POI.

4. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

I know that the MX-15 has the teeter totter adjustable rib with 6 notches and a friend has one that still shoots very high even with the rib set for the lowest POI (high at the muzzle - low at the breech). My question: do they all shoot high or just his gun ??

5. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

Mike, with the tetter-totter rib, you have to adjust the comb every time you adjust the rib, about 2mm of spacers per notch, otherwise you get more or less change than you expect. Each notch and 2mm spacer will move the POI about 3" @ 40 yards.

Set the rib to the flat position (highest notch in front), then add just enough spacers so you are looking flat down the rib (buried beads). Then pick an aiming point at 20 yards, put the bead on it and fire. If the pattern is centered on your aiming point, all is well. If you followed the instructions above to the letter, and the POI does not match the POA, the barrel is bent (or the choke tube is not on center).

Assuming your barrel is straight, record the amount of spacers under your comb. That is your base pack. Then just remember to add 2mm for each notch you adjust.

6. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info. This gun is for sale but if the POI is too high then I would have to pass and look for something else.

7. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

My Mx15 could never be said to have "too High" a POI.... If anything, I think they will not help a high POI (over 100%) shooter....

8. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

BigM, I find just the opposite. Using an MX-15 barrel with an MX-2000RS stock lets you shoot 22" high @ 40 yards without having to jack the comb into the stratosphere. That was my exact setup until I had to go to one eyed shooting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.