1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Perazzi MT6 Unisingle Trap Barrel Help

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by HotRodA10, Apr 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HotRodA10

HotRodA10 Member

I'm thinking of buying a Perazzi unsingle 33 1/2" Trap barrel with combo case with a second generation IM choke tube . This barrel is in great condition & the combo case is in good shape as well. This barrel is from a MT6. I was told it is a square bottom barrel that will fit Perazzi guns with the same square bottom. I have an MX8 and from the research I've done, this MT6 barrel is supposed to fit on my MX8. I have two questions; 1) Will this barrel in fact fit my MX8; 2) I can pick up the barrel and case for $750; is this a good buy? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Rod

2. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

IIRC correctly, you'd need to have the MT forend lug removed, and the correct Type MX lug brazed on.

3. HotRodA10

HotRodA10 Member

Thanks for the reply. From what I've read, if the barrel has the square bottom block it'll fit. Just to confirm; I will still have to have a new MX lug put on it?

4. HotRodA10

HotRodA10 Member

I compared the bottom of the barrel pics to my MX8 barrel and they look exactly the same?

5. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

Late MT-6 bbls. had type 4 lugs. You may have gotten lucky! Probably still need to be fit properly by a gunsmith.

6. skeet_man

I could be wrong, but I've seen a MT6 before that had been advertised as having its lug changed to fit a MX8. The forend latch design was totally different on the MT6. The barrel should fit your receiver, but whether or not the forend fits the barrel might be another story.

7. HotRodA10

HotRodA10 Member

Okay, so the barrel might fit but I may possible need an MT6 forearm; is that right? How about the price; is that a good price ($750)?

8. HotRodA10

HotRodA10 Member

I just looked at the forearm latch picture on the MT6 barrel and it does look different from my MX8 so, I guess this means I would need an MT6 forearm.

9. HotRodA10

HotRodA10 Member

I found a new MT6 forearm but no iron; would anyone happen to know where I could get an MT6 forearm iron?

10. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

We patterned a friend's MT6 combo and the Unsingle barrel shot 50/50 dead flat POI where the O/U barrel shot a more normal 60/40. He couldn't hit much with that Unsingle barrel.

11. skeet_man

I would think the chance of finding a MT6 iron are slim to none, since the gun has been out of production for over 30 years now. Price seems good, but I think for the amt of extra $ you'll need to dump into it to get it going, you'd be better off w/ a correct MX8 barrel from the get go.

12. vdt

vdt Active Member

i have a brand new MT-6 iron and unfinished wood for sale ..$450.00 U.S. + shipping

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
mt6 type 4 single barrel
mx8 barrel on mt6
perazzi mt6 barrel
perazzi mt6 bottom single
perazzi mt6 trap barrell
perazzi mt6 unsingle
perazzi unsingle bottom barrel

what other barrels fit perazzi mt6