1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Perazzi MT6 - seeking technical info/clarification

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Turnpike Mike, Dec 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Turnpike Mike

Turnpike Mike TS Member

In the 1975 version of the "ithacagun" catalog it mentions the introduction of the MT6 in 1976. One thing it says is "By the turn of a set screw, for example, you can actually index your bottom barrel to shoot slightly high while the top barrel shoots where you aim it."

QUESTION: Is this really a true feature of this O/U? If so, where is the set screw and how do I adjust it on my gun.

BTW - in the In the 1977 version of the "ithacagun" catalog (I do not have the 1976 catalog) there is no mention of this feature when they discuss this gun.

2. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

Use the search feature for MT6. A while ago someone showed a picture of an apparent barrel hanger POI adjuster and wondered how it worked. I think the final consensus was that it was a feature that had a problem and was discontinued on later guns.

3. Turnpike Mike

Turnpike Mike TS Member

miketmx -

I went back as far as I could and was unable for find the thread you mention. Please send me the link if you can find it. Thanks.

4. tmitom

tmitom Member

Mike,

I haven't figured out how to post a link, but if you search "MT 6" you should find a thread called "Interesting PERAZZI barrel - a question?" where it discusses the moveable front hanger.

HTH

Tom

5. setter

setter Member

To make it a little easier to find.

6. OldPshtr

OldPshtr Member

Mike: POI on MT-6 not adjust

7. OldPshtr

OldPshtr Member

Mike: POI on MT6 not adjustable. Have had 3 and now shoot one for
    doubles. Some had a wood filler block between barrels at the end of forearm for cosmetic purposes. Have known of instances where tried to adjust
    POI with this block and broke it. Shoot my top barrel first as it shoots
    higher than bottom. The unsingle shoots flat like the bottom barrel.

Doyal

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.