1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Perazzi MT6 question

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Sam T., Apr 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sam T.

Sam T. TS Member

This may be a stupid question...

I know the Perazzi MT6 combo came with an unsingle barrel and the unsingle barrel had an aluminum rib. My question is; did the O/U barrel also have an aluminum rib?

2. dynapro

dynapro TS Member

No, the MT-6 O/U has the vintage Perazzi steel concave rib, with the amazing half circle rib top checkering.

I say amazing because I have never been able to figure out how they machine that rib pattern into a rib - and it is the best at light diffusion that I have ever shot. Fantastic design. Perazzi is the creme de la creme!

3. dynapro

dynapro TS Member

Appreciate the description although I'm not familiar with some of the terms. Perazzi has always had the BEST shotgun rib designs in the world. MT-6 design is from one Classic Era - back when they were also engraving the model number in gold on the barrel.

However, I think their current rib design with the narrow mid-channel and the taper is the best yet.

Someone could write a book about just them. IN FACT - someone should write a book about Perazzi. I read The Perazzi Book by the guy in Colorado Springs, Karl Lippard..... and it was terrible!

Need a project for your spare time Mike?

4. dynapro

dynapro TS Member

Whoa! LQQK at that gun, will you?!?!?!?!?

Yes, that's the rib I like. I have that on my MX-8.

By the way, I think that rib is called the Tramline, not a Trimline. I'm not sure where they got "Tramline" from, it might be a designer or patent holder, but anyway, that gun belongs in a museum. I am green with gun envy.

5. fly

fly Active Member

Just might have an MT6 receiver & wood for sale, one person has dibs for about 10 days. It will be reasonably priced. Wood has Soft Touch pad.

6. dynapro

dynapro TS Member

nice job getting $1000 for the unsingle on Gunbroker.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

perazzi mt6 aluminum rib